No announcement yet.

Is the ranger course really that hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ranger course really that hard?

(no cockiness intended in the question)

i am curious, where is the ranger course in that fine area between the limitations of the human body and the expectations put forward by the course.

is it one of the few things in life where simply not being capable PERIOD, can apply

or does it just come down to wanting it bad enough?

i would really like to know, what do you guys think or know?

,,,,,if its not classified that is

Yes it is hard, there is at least a 70-80% failure rate (in the public domain) for the selection. You can also be failed during the 6 months basic skills course.

Going on what is out there about the ARW & SF in general it is mind & body!

Comment

From what Ive seen of it (Ive seen only a small portion of it), its tough and it has to be for what they do.
      If you want it and have it both mentally and physically and you make the grade well then......
      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

A good friend of mine did ranger selection in the mid 90's, before the change in syllabus. The comment that has stuck in my mind ever since then is him saying "they worked us, and ran us so hard, that I didn't take a sh*t for 17 days", everything they could get down them was obviously used up!
        CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

If memory serves me the fail rate is 92%... I know a guy to see and i was told he passed selection 3 times and was RTU'd but dont know why or when or if its even true!!!!!

Comment

Keep in mind that nobody who answers this thread will have completed ARW selection.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Keep in mind that nobody who answers this thread will have completed ARW selection.
              Don't be so quick to make assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                Official Secrets Act.
                I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

The old saying comes to mind "you'll never know unless you go"".

In otherwords, if you really want to know if or how hard the ARW couse is, go and do it. Now I'm not being cheeky or smart here, I'm being serious. I am RDF, and even if I was PDF, I probably still would not go for it, cause I'm not tough enough.

Now off you go and give it a lash.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                    Official Secrets Act.
                    Your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                      Its not an assumption.

Comment

Its not an assumption.
                        Well in that case, you're very wrong.

Comment

Well by that statement you have told me who has. And what did you acheve by doing it?

My point is, the majority who post about the ARW here will not have served in it or completed selection so for that reason, any discussion on the syllabus, except by the person you identified as having completed it, will be speculation and conjecture.

Comment

Well by that statement you have told me who has. And what did you acheve by doing it?

My point is, the majority who post about the ARW here will not have served in it or completed selection so for that reason, any discussion on the syllabus, except by the person you identified as having completed it, will be speculation and conjecture.
                            How did I tell you? Can you read minds?

Regardless, let's end this discussion for obvious reasons.

Comment

You started it.

I know the military career of all but one of the posters prior to your statement. Therefor, I assume it is them you speak about. Unless you are trying to make out you did it yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X