Weeekend on the Ground.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeekend on the Ground.

Kind of a basic question, but let's say an RDF unit is having a weekend on the ground.

How long would that be exactly?

Is the usual/done thing - leave barracks on the Friday evening, be transported to the location same evening to get ready for the next morning. All Saturday training, and home for early on Sunday
    or
    Arrive Friday morning, train most of the day, then Saturday and then home for early on Sunday?

I've already had a slap on the wrist for posting about 'operational info' (pure mistake), but after reading the charter I hope I can ask this question.
    "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Originally posted by Sharp_Shooter View Post
    Kind of a basic question, but let's say an RDF unit is having a weekend on the ground.

How long would that be exactly?

Is the usual/done thing - leave barracks on the Friday evening, be transported to the location same evening to get ready for the next morning. All Saturday training, and home for early on Sunday
    or
    Arrive Friday morning, train most of the day, then Saturday and then home for early on Sunday?

I've already had a slap on the wrist for posting about 'operational info' (pure mistake), but after reading the charter I hope I can ask this question.
    People have to work on Fridays. The usual training period is Sat morning to Sunday afternoon. Sometimes it may involve being in barracks fri night in order to have an early start sat morn.

On training courses (Not on the ground), it is Fri night to sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
      People have to work on Fridays. The usual training period is Sat morning to Sunday afternoon. Sometimes it may involve being in barracks fri night in order to have an early start sat morn.

On training courses (Not on the ground), it is Fri night to sunday afternoon.
      Yeah, that makes sense alright. Thanks for the quick reply.
      "The artillery was my strongest tool. Often it was my only reserve .... I repeatedly said it was more a matter of the infantry supporting the artillery than the artillery supporting the infantry.... I wish I knew the countless times that positions were taken or held due solely to TOT's ...."

Major General R. 0. Barton

Comment

9am saturday morning to 7pm sunday evening typically

Comment

Working...
        X