DPMs For Regimental Duties In Naval Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPMs For Regimental Duties In Naval Base

Latest i heard that Dpms are to be worn for regimental duties on the base. No timeframe yet though. About time as well, cant wait to see the back of the navy combats (too thick for the summer and soak up water in the winter and weigh a ton)

Been on the cards since the newer stuff came in. The rank markings and beret still look wierd with DPM though. Saw a Fem LT once , we couldnt figure out what her rank was till she was up close. the 2 bars and a star looked like a BSM from a distance.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

all u need to do is look at the beret, the officers and s/ncos badges stick out a mile from army berets.

Comment

stupid question time, but are these the 3 colour DPM's or those navy blue versions cut in the same way as the army ones?....I think an cosintoir showed them a year or 2 ago.
        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

latest word from the base is that all ranks will wear the white shirt and black slacks for summer rig and fatigiues in winter. dont know about head dress but alot of people are talking about peaked caps for everybody. dont know how it will work out but knowing the navy it will be a disaster

Comment

I saw a guy in the canteen in Athlone at tea time one day(last month) with with the DPM's and a set of black rank markings with three bars,not stripe, gold bars. Hadnt a notion of what the hell that was about so I asked him and he said he was navy a Petty Officer I think.
            So unless I was being told porkies they already seem to be wearing these.
            Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

He could have been going overseas.
              If it was bars and star then it was an officer, if it was yellow stripes then he was a PO alright.

Comment

The officers wear subdued Rank sliders. Senior ratings usually won't wear anything but braid.
                The Navy blue versions mutter speaks of is only worn by the NSR as far as I know. DPM is DPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  The officers wear subdued Rank sliders. Senior ratings usually won't wear anything but braid.
                  The Navy blue versions mutter speaks of is only worn by the NSR as far as I know. DPM is DPM.
                  That means absolutely nothing to me. Can only tell you what I saw.
                  Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

the NS should follow the USN approach and consider adopting a distictive working dress for sailors:

Cannon to right of them,
                    Cannon to left of them,
                    Cannon in front of them
                    Volley'd and thunder'd;
                    Storm'd at with shot and shell,
                    Boldly they rode and well,
                    Into the jaws of Death,
                    Into the mouth of Hell
                    Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Why should they do that?

Comment

Why wouldn't the NS wear their standard naval uniform when doing duties?

Comment

Why don't the army?

Comment

The army wear their standard uniform for duties (ie DPM), genuinely is their a problem with the NS wearing their blue combats when doing duties.

Comment

The NS wear the old pattern uniforms in blue. It does not have the same advantages as the more modern layered DPM.(i.e its cold)
                              Also its usually "workwear" and except for the lucky few,it shows all the signs of this.....

Comment

Working...
                              X