Cessna Replacement - The Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
    Rumour has it the PC12 will not be delivered on time, with the first aircraft not now due until summer 2020.

Don has always been a good source on military matters in Ireland, and is rarely, if ever, wrong. There are more details in later tweets, but it is cumbersome to post them here.
    He tweets and awful lot of rubbish aswell unfortunately. Quantity over quality.

According to his tweet the other day EUTM troops were using SCAR rifles from the "hundred or so" we bought. Don's perusing through social media needs to be refined. Sees a picture of a soldier firing one on a range (swapping weapons on the range is common enough overseas I believe) and suddenly we have purchased 100 of them.

In short - big pinch of salt needed

Comment

• Saw a PC 12 coming in to land at Weston Airport today at midday , dark green in colour with yellow or gold band along the fuselage , I heard later that Facebook Ireland were holding a staff Christmas event at Weston . Maybe it was Santa arriving .
      Last edited by Laners; 14 December 2019, 22:30.
      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        He tweets and awful lot of rubbish aswell unfortunately. Quantity over quality.

According to his tweet the other day EUTM troops were using SCAR rifles from the "hundred or so" we bought. Don's perusing through social media needs to be refined. Sees a picture of a soldier firing one on a range (swapping weapons on the range is common enough overseas I believe) and suddenly we have purchased 100 of them.

In short - big pinch of salt needed
        By my clock, there are 2 weeks of 2019 left, and not a word about expected delivery of the first 2 PC12. Could Don be right again? He did admit his mistake with the SCAR.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

By my clock, there are 2 weeks of 2019 left, and not a word about expected delivery of the first 2 PC12. Could Don be right again? He did admit his mistake with the SCAR.
          Again, as I alluded to in my other post in this forum. The delays and expected delivery timelines are no secret. It's common knowledge.

Whoever keeps feeding Don his lines, can continue to do so. Its no skin off my back. Just sad to watch people hanging off the hook for every "exclusive".

He's nothing more than a social media "journalist". Trawling through serving members social media and searching hash tags looking to strike gold.

There will be a PC12 flying sooner than you (or Don) may think.

Comment

• Don is a retired actual journalist.

Comment

• Short article on the retirement of the Cessnas in the Dec-Jan copy of An Cosantoir. Mentions at the end that the delivery of the PC12s will commence in Q2 of 2020. Those in the know, including Chuck, will have a better idea on dates and modalities; be great to see them arrive when they do.

Regardless of any delays, hopefully they come fully integrated and ready to go when they touch down

P.S. Any chance a delay in delivery could equal a couple of quid off the sticker price of another 2 or 3 of them

Comment

• Originally posted by meridian View Post
                Short article on the retirement of the Cessnas in the Dec-Jan copy of An Cosantoir. Mentions at the end that the delivery of the PC12s will commence in Q2 of 2020. Those in the know, including Chuck, will have a better idea on dates and modalities; be great to see them arrive when they do.

Regardless of any delays, hopefully they come fully integrated and ready to go when they touch down

P.S. Any chance a delay in delivery could equal a couple of quid off the sticker price of another 2 or 3 of them
                We are never that good at writing contracts. If we were, we would have got the OPVs for free, such was the delays encountered.

Comment

We are never that good at writing contracts. If we were, we would have got the OPVs for free, such was the delays encountered.
                  Which ones?

Not the P60s.... we extended the payment plan and ended up (predictable) more

Comment

Don is a retired actual journalist.
                    Perhaps he should stay retired.

Without getting into detail. Delays to date have nothing to do with the airframe. The ISR suite is extensive.

We have all seen examples of the types of issues that occur when something is rushed into service.

Comment

• One of the retired Cessna's has been donated to the Shannon Aviation Museum.

Comment

Working...
                      X