Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Tactical Armoured Vehicle: Second attempt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen this tender for a sensor suite on the RG32M. Any ideas what sort of system this is likely to be?

http://www.defence.ie/website.nsf/fba727373c93a4f080256c53004d976e/9afa5f99bae5152380257571005c2da1/$FILE/RFT%20STA%20Suite.doc

Comment

• Something along these lines? The same system is used on the Fennek.

http://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/i...4&lang=3&pdb=1

Rheinmetall's BAA on Dutch Fennek in Afghanistan
      Last edited by Fireplace; 27 March 2009, 19:32.
      You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

i think we should get nissan pathfinders and armour them ... they would look so cool

Comment

• Originally posted by ronan-elemey View Post
          i think we should get nissan pathfinders and armour them ... they would look so cool
          Hope your joking?!?
          Theirs not to make reply,
          Theirs not to reason why,
          Theirs but to do and die:
          Into the valley of Death
          Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

• Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronan-elemey View Post
              meanwhile in the real world...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy Mayne View Post
                meanwhile in the real world...
                No, No, he's right they would be cool. And maybe we could each be issued one of these to bring on holiday and keep those Germans off the sunbeds
                Attached Files
                CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Topic!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Ok, back on topic, is this the new staff car to go with the pathfinder?

Ok Mod, no more slagging
                    Attached Files
                    CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• topic!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Guys,
                        Can somebody clarify something for me. The RG32s are working out about €750K each while the Rheinmettall BAA system mentioned above is about €5-600K. That means that the STA will cost almost as much as the vehicle its on!!!!!!
                        Is that normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tadpole View Post
                          Guys,
                          Can somebody clarify something for me. The RG32s are working out about €750K each while the Rheinmettall BAA system mentioned above is about €5-600K. That means that the STA will cost almost as much as the vehicle its on!!!!!!
                          Is that normal?
                          The Swedes only paid €180,000 each for their RG-32Ms - how come we're paying so much more?

Comment

• oops,
                            My Bad. That contract price was for 27 + 27. ie approx: €311,000
                            Makes the sensors look even more expensive!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                              The Swedes only paid €180,000 each for their RG-32Ms - how come we're paying so much more?
                              Either,
                              Where getting much better ones than them or were just idiots
                              Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by paul View Post
                                Either,
                                Where getting much better ones than them or were just idiots
                                i vote idiots
                                Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X