No announcement yet.

Bray Airshows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any information on whether the Spitfire will be flying over from Britain for the display or be based in Baldonnel?

Would be nice to see a PC-9/Spitfire formation :wink:

Comment

Hopefully the Spit wouldn't make a show of the PC9.

I thought the Red Arrows were coming to Bray as well?

Comment

Yeah, saw that on their site, earlier in the year though, when they did Abbeyshrule, there was a mention of Bray too, wonder did it fall through?

Comment

There is still talk that the Red Arrows may be available. But it depends on timing, weather, etc (at least that is the gossip).

Comment

Bray Seafront
            Sunday 21st, August 2005
            3pm – 6pm
            Show Frequency: 121.75 MHz

DARTs will be running today & tomorrow
            Most of the roads going in the direction of the seafront will be closed
            Limited parking will be available (beware its limited at the best of times)

Displays:

Beech 18
            Former IAC Spitfire
            Utterly Butterly Wing Walkers
            Aero Stars
            Extra Elite
            RNLAF PC-7
            IAC PC-9
            IAC CN-235
            IAC Dauphin II
            IAC Gazelle
            IAC Alouette III
            IAC Learjet 45
            IAC Super King Air
            ICG S-61N
            Aer Arann ATR 72
            Jet Provost
            Extra 200
            Military equipment

Helicopter pleasure flights will be available

Met Éireann, the Irish National Meteorological Service, is the leading provider of weather information and related services for Ireland.

Comment

Folks

The Red Arrows had to cancel as they could not get the height they required (so I am told), Apparantly they require 10k feet and could only get 7500 feet and for safety reasons withdrew from the show.

I will be there tomorrow in one of the ambulances (most likely) if you want to find me (there are only 7 to knock on the window of!)

Comment

Did anyone go?
                What did you think of it?

I only saw about an hour of it as I was working but from what I saw it was fairly good.

The weather wasn't great.
                The guy doing the PA didn't always know what was going on.
                There was some long pauses with nothing happening.
                The S-61N had to cut its display short due to a real incident.
                There wasn't alot to do, when there wasn't a aircraft doing a display.

But a large number of people were there and seemed to enjoy it.
                It was for charity.
                The first time an ex-AC Spitfire was flown in Ireland at a display since they were retired.
                From what I saw of it, the AC helicopter demo was excellent.
                With any luck they will reform the Silver Swallows using the PC-9s, their 4 aircraft display was very good.

Well done to the organisers, with any luck it could turn into an annual event.

Comment

Army display was the shiznit. Will never forget the look in the PDF privates eyes as I shocked him with my knowledge and expert handling of the steyr and the sound of laughter as I opened up the 203 and a dummy grenade dropped out onto the ground.
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL
                    Army display was the shiznit. Will never forget the look in the PDF privates eyes as I shocked him with my knowledge and expert handling of the steyr and the sound of laughter as I opened up the 203 and a dummy grenade dropped out onto the ground.
                    You are quite the working class hero. I bet no member of the Reserves ever done that at an army weapons display stand before.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I was there, working of course in charge of one of the medical posts, so didnt get much of a chance to watch the show. I did spot Frank hovering in the crowds taking pics but didnt get a chance to run over and say hi!

Comment

The display was by 2 Bn- and the look in the Pte's eyes was more than likely pity and a modicum of restraint in that he probably wanted to shove the Steyr so far up you that you could brush your teeth and clean the muzzzle at the same time
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

You should be Demoted to G1... actually i wont insult G1's with that but how the f*ck were you allowed to handle a steyr and 203 so badly?
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Could happen to anyone. How was I meant to know there would be a dummy round in it?
                            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Could happen to anyone. How was I meant to know there would be a dummy round in it?
                              Arent you always supposed to assume its loaded when doing safety checks.....

Comment

Jesus Christ its a display, I made a mistake, CHARGE ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X