More Trucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish Army twin cab Scania.

Used as a support truck for their Dakar rally team in 2011. Mmmmm would make a very nice camper conversion.

If your into extreme off road campers have a look at the following:

Designing and manufacturing of a UNICAT vehicle can easily be compared with building a house or a yacht.The requirements raised by your personal home preferences and lifestyle must be matched with …

We travel not for trafficking alone,
    By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
    For lust of knowing what should not be known,
    We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

• Got a bit of a thing for those Scania DROPS. Very impressive vehicles. See a lot of other "NATO / EU" countries using them but the DF ones are slightly different. Super singles on all axles where as I see others using paired wheels on the rear two axles. DF ones "look" the business I must say, what sort of feedback from the drivers? Truckdriver?

How many do you have? 6 x 6 and 8 x 8? Are there plans to get more? Is this the start of maybe sticking with one manufacture? From reading this thread it would appear the HGV fleet is in a bit of a state, much like the LV fleet. All the same old arguments for and against standardization and commonality. How can you possibly argue aginst standardization and commonality?

Anyway great vehicles, stick with them, you wont go far wrong. Stand by for many more random pic's.

Comment

• We travel not for trafficking alone,

Comment

• High and medium mobility, in various guises all from the one manufacturer. Priceless.

Comment

• Other MOB's Scania beasts.

Comment

• The twin wheel on rear axle is fine if you spend all your time on paved roads. However once you go off track, the space between the wheels become a place that holds debris and will burst tyres. Big singles are the only answer off road.

Or tracks, of course....
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                The twin wheel on rear axle is fine if you spend all your time on paved roads. However once you go off track, the space between the wheels become a place that holds debris and will burst tyres. Big singles are the only answer off road.

Or tracks, of course....
                Which is why I like the DF high mobility versions. Popper job! Be nice to see more of the DROPS in use. Very adaptable vehicles, limited only by ones imagination as to what you can put on racks. Don't buy a truck to do a job, buy a rack that's fitted out for a specific purpose and stick it on the DROPS when you need it. Some examples pictured above. Container, fuel / water, dumper, flat rack, drop side cargo with hiab, side loading system, I can think of many more that are out there and a few more that could be adapted. Giraffe and flycatcher for instance.

Anyway as mentioned, have a thing for the DF's High Mobility Scanias, great vehicles and I do hope you end up getting more, a lot more.
                Last edited by FMP; 25 November 2014, 06:13.

Comment

• Couple of more foreign types .

Medium mobility dutch DROPS. Nice, like that containerized shelter (Workshop / command / medical etc.) but cant beat the High Mobility DF ones (my opinion), really do have a thing for those DF 6 x 6 and 8 x 8's. The whole Scania fleet currently in service actually. It appeals to my OCD, smart, uniform and soldier like. If I temporally forget about the state of the rest of the HGV fleet that is.

Comment

• DF 6 X 6 on Scania test track prior to delevery, nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by FMP View Post
                      Which is why I like the DF high mobility versions. Popper job! Be nice to see more of the DROPS in use. Very adaptable vehicles, limited only by ones imagination as to what you can put on racks. Don't buy a truck to do a job, buy a rack that's fitted out for a specific purpose and stick it on the DROPS when you need it. Some examples pictured above. Container, fuel / water, dumper, flat rack, drop side cargo with hiab, side loading system, I can think of many more that are out there and a few more that could be adapted. Giraffe and flycatcher for instance.

Anyway as mentioned, have a thing for the DF's High Mobility Scanias, great vehicles and I do hope you end up getting more, a lot more.
                      A long time ago there was a Panorama investigation in to The British Army's involvement with drops systems, Compared there fluttering around to our embracing of the system,

Comment

• Don't know why I keep posting pic's on here, you lad's probably get to see them every day .

But I like em!

Comment

• Some of those scanias are not DROPS.

They are CHUs

They can be DROPS but in the mode in the pic they are not.

I don't know what that means but the tpt lads do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                            Some of those scanias are not DROPS.

They are CHUs

They can be DROPS but in the mode in the pic they are not.

I don't know what that means but the tpt lads do.
                            Container Handling Units? It drops the box on the ground beside the truck instead of behind it. More important if the contents are fragile or could shift if tilted.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• I saw a 93-D truck being DROPd yesterday. It looked well worn out.

Comment

• those baby MAN 4x2s ( they are probably the last 93-ds left ) are by a LONG way the best vehicle the DF ever bought. It is fking unreal how long they have been going.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X