No announcement yet.

More Trucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So basically they are leylands with Timoney suspension and final drive.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Irish Connection

Its a bit more complicated than that.
      Timoney came up with the first design using the same suspension as the one they put on the bushmaster. But it was rejected by the TNI (Indonesian Army) purely because it was too heavy.
      In the end they have succesfully created the Maesa with the help of South Africa. But the original idea came out of Ireland.
      During test, they actually run the vehicle fully laden for three days and three nights non-stop around Java with radiator only 2/3rd full. Only stop for top up and crew change.
      Independent suspension improves the ride considerably.
      The Leyland is an excellent truck.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Arkley; 13 March 2007, 18:01.

Comment

• Yeh, I can see the Timoney influence in that pic of the Bushmaster above.
        It looks remarkably like the Timoney APC that was in service with the DF
        a few years ago
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Timoneys in service here were a technological nightmare.Basic design was good but we nver had enough to warrant the outlay on sapres to make them fully operational.If the Df had invested as heavily as it has in Mowag products they might have been more sucessful but the theory at the time was buy small amounts and try maintain them without having to buy a service package...the cheap option........compare the longevity of the M3 because of the partnership with panhard..and the ready availabilty of spares and see why it lasted longer..not ness abetter product..just better supported.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Irish Pride

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Timoneys in service here were a technological nightmare.Basic design was good but we nver had enough to warrant the outlay on sapres to make them fully operational.If the Df had invested as heavily as it has in Mowag products they might have been more sucessful but the theory at the time was buy small amounts and try maintain them without having to buy a service package...the cheap option........compare the longevity of the M3 because of the partnership with panhard..and the ready availabilty of spares and see why it lasted longer..not ness abetter product..just better supported.

I quite agree, the Gov should have supported Timoney more.
            Creating more Job and possible income from export.
            Now it is partly owned by foreign companies.
            Meaning .... revenues for foreign countries.
            Very sad..... Where has the Irish Pride gone .... ?
            Just look at what your Gov throw away..... :confused:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Arkley; 27 April 2007, 21:31.

Comment

• Were the Irish Timoney APCs even built at Timoneys factory? Unless I'm wrong, they were built at the Bombardier bus factory.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                Timoneys in service here were a technological nightmare.Basic design was good but we nver had enough to warrant the outlay on sapres to make them fully operational.If the Df had invested as heavily as it has in Mowag products they might have been more sucessful but the theory at the time was buy small amounts and try maintain them without having to buy a service package...the cheap option........compare the longevity of the M3 because of the partnership with panhard..and the ready availabilty of spares and see why it lasted longer..not ness abetter product..just better supported.
                is this not where neutrality enters the discussion? the government were not interested in supporting a company who were developing a very promising armoured vehicle which, if the prospect of exports came up, would force them to stop ducking the issue of neutrality and the export of military technology. it's alright to export items which are "dual use" but there is no way to kid yourself that an armoured vehicle is for anything other than military use
                CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Doesn't stop Sweden from selling stuff.

NTM
                  Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

• Didn't seem to bother them buying a vehicle with an all american drive train..German french , british,belgian and israeli equipment all have been used so the neutrality issue just went staright out the window
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• New scania arriving soon

It is RHD unlike the drops and GVW 26 tonnes
                      If you take the creel and sides off you can secure an ISO container with twist locks.
                      Also 2 8x4s just arrived to naval service. I have Photos or these in my PC but dont know how to get them onto posting.
                      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• I hate when I say idonot know how to do something and next thing figure it out!!!

Pics courtasy of Joe Crann (Scania)
                        Last edited by luchi; 29 September 2011, 13:50.
                        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Are the 6x6s troop cariers?
                          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• The Scania 6x6 looks the business
                            Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• how does one enter it

by ladder

by rope

by climbing up and jumping down etc
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• It is a big boy isn't it....
                                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Working...
                                X