Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    One of our own TCVs looks the better for the fresh lick of paint
    I really hope this doesn't refer to the heap of scrap that we borrowed from the Tpt unit in McKee???

I mean it was painted to look ok but it should be boarded!!!

The indicators don't woork properly.
    Doggie Head lights.
    Dodgy clutch
    Dodgy brakes.
    And needs to be jump started every morning.

Comment

• one of the busiest commuter routes in the country is the pearse to dundalk and back route.
      I never get a seat.
      i either sit on the floor or stand immobile held vertical purely by the crush of other people standing with me.
      Ive often wondered the consequences of a derailment in one of these rush hour tins of sardines.
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• You would be fine. That sweaty fat ould one that is taking up two seats will acted like an air bag.

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
          Are you saying here that the BA has plenty of fatal RTAs???
          Some how I doubt they are outside normal stats.
          although it does not differentiate between on and off duty - the stats are indeed outside normal stats:

Originally posted by MOD
          [in 2011] 37 military personnel were killed in on and off duty road traffic incidents. The statistics show that Armed Services personnel are twice as likely to be killed in a road traffic incident as their civilian counterparts.
          read more here: http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/De...ekRoadShow.htm

twice as likely to be killed in an RTA than a civvie, aswell as the increased risk of death on operations, risky business indeed.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• A possible issue is that offroad tyres do not operate very well on wet, well surfaced roads.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Thats amazing.

Considering Ireland is supposed to have one of the worst driving records in europe but the DF is safer than the civvies.

We are often told the the UK is so much better than us and we should follow the UKs lead.
              This looks like it is you that should be following us.

Is it poor equipment or a poor standard of driver?

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                I really hope this doesn't refer to the heap of scrap that we borrowed from the Tpt unit in McKee???

I mean it was painted to look ok but it should be boarded!!!

The indicators don't woork properly.
                Doggie Head lights.
                Dodgy clutch
                Dodgy brakes.
                And needs to be jump started every morning.
                Sounds like a few MAN tcv's that I know ;-)

Comment

Thats amazing.

Considering Ireland is supposed to have one of the worst driving records in europe but the DF is safer than the civvies.

We are often told the the UK is so much better than us and we should follow the UKs lead.

what's amazing?

we probably have a higher ratio of vehicles and cover a lot more miles.

all of our soldiers are trained to drive after basic training and obtain full civvie driving licences (obviously with some exceptions) and military driving permits, so we have a much higher ratio of drivers both on and off duty too.
                  Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 24 November 2011, 01:08.
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Thats amazing.

comparing peas with pineapples...
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                      comparing peas with pineapples...
                      no its not.

comparisons are made per distance traveled, distance travelable, hours driven or per 100 population.

Ireland is said to score poorly.

green jacket stats level the playing field. the article you link to tells of the need to reduce road collisions through safer driving. my reading of the article is the MoD recognises they have a problem and they don't think its with equipment.

Comment

• Have we new Acmats?
                        Saw photos of New ones on Boards.ie, one with a tilt, the other with a mount behind the Open cab. RHD.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          Have we new Acmats?
                          Saw photos of New ones on Boards.ie, one with a tilt, the other with a mount behind the Open cab. RHD.
                          ARW support vehicles.

Edit; Looks dodgy as **** with the normal seatbelts in the open one!
                          Last edited by The real Jack; 24 May 2012, 16:57.
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Looks good when tooled up.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Lesson learnt from Chad maybe? Ie resupply

Comment

• can someone pleas fix the attachments issue? They never seem to work!
                                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X