No announcement yet.

More Trucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And looking at the photo its been driven by a 'Honkie'...maybe he was on a nixer!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Don't be fooled by the lick of paint. They were delivered green!!

Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Green or Blue..... its the same boss.

All members of the DF.....

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
          Don't be fooled by the lick of paint. They were delivered green!!

http://www.scania.ie/about_us/news/more_scanias.asp
          You are some bluffer. The truck in my photo is a different reg to the one in yours.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            You are some bluffer.
            As true as that maybe
            The DF were delivered 2 only 8x4 equiped with HIAB and they are both are in the photo.. All others are 8x8 or 6x6 and none of those have HIAB. All the scanias were imported by westward. All arrived the same colour. The one at the rear is the blue one. It was resprayed before delivery. If you ever get the chance to get close to it look under the cab

The truck in my photo is a different reg to the one in yours.
            Actually I can't see the reg, I assume they are =/- 1 of eachother.

So if the reg does not match either of the ones in the photo then there are 4 possibilities
            A - the truchk in the scania photo are using trade plates,
            B - the truck in you photo is not a DF one
            C - you have made an error about the reg
            D - you're bluffing

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• the truck in you photo is not a DF one
              Look at goldies picture more closely..it has a guy in DPM driving it...so it has a connection with DF and its blue so Army running conversion courses for the NS..or the Army Borrowed it to use for their own instruction given the lack of available machines....either are possibilities.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
                Don't be fooled by the lick of paint. They were delivered green!!

http://www.scania.ie/about_us/news/more_scanias.asp
                I said I'd give you the whole day to correct yourself, but if you look not a bit closely, the truck in the rear is actually blue.

Comment

• And it has Irish plates but as I said it was delivered Green. When it left the Scania works and arrived in Ireland it was Green.

The above photo was taken enroute to the Curragh.

Then again I am only going on the info that I was given by the sales director of westward. He might have been bluffing too.
                  Last edited by luchi; 8 September 2007, 11:46.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• He's a salesman, thats his job.

Comment

• stupidest discussion ever!
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Aren't the NS wearing DPM these days for certain details
                        Good point...but thought these would be restricted to security duties I'm not sure so you could be right.

Comment

• Ouch!!!

Its irrelevant. The two trucks were bought specifically for the NS.

I can only assume that since the tpt coy has responsibility for driver training that firstly the tpt lads would have to familiarise themselves with the vehicle and then train the NS guys. So it could be either out playing with it.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• If you keep an eye out where you took those photos you should get a close look at the 6x6.

Rumour has it that none will be staying in Dubllin and the majority will be in the SBde.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• Saw one of the 6x6 during the summer in Wicklow at an 81mm shoot. I could have been mistaken but I think it also had a tail lift?

Honkeys don't wear Naval Divers Badges.

I had a closer look at the photos myself here and can confirm that all in the cab are wearing Naval Working dress. Not DPM. Sorry Murph.
                              Last edited by Goldie fish; 9 September 2007, 08:02.

Comment

• Ok thought it was a working dress divers badge ok. I can't magnify the image..

Tail lift and Hiab...now thats overkill on a grand scale.

Comment

Working...
                                X