More Trucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    you know your cranes Goldie, i'll give ya that.
    I have a very odd fascination for the physics behind them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Yeah, Atlas Terex would be established cranebuilders, supplying here too. None of the Recovery vehicles were irish builds, though the Holmes Wrecker did travel from a Bedford to a Leyland.
      Thats what made me curious about this kit.

I haven't seen the Iveco recovery in a long time.
      Is it still in use?
      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• Was it overseas?

Comment

• Scania have also won the contract to supply the DF with 4x2 Rigid Cab and chassis trucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
            thats what made me curious about this kit.

I haven't seen the iveco recovery in a long time.
            Is it still in use?
            yes
            CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Scania have also won the contract to supply the DF with 4x2 Rigid Cab and chassis trucks.
              what and when?

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• i thought you guys were going down the single supplier route aswell like we are when it comes to trucks?

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by luchi View Post
                  what and when?
                  4 of same
                  Also a single 6x4 Cab And chassis.

See etenders.

Comment

i thought you guys were going down the single supplier route aswell like we are when it comes to trucks?

Seem to be heading down the scania route lately, however we were loving Iveco for years, before that MAN....

Comment

i thought you guys were going down the single supplier route aswell like we are when it comes to trucks?

Unfortually not... we can't even standard 3/4 tonnes (ie land rovers to you), we have 2 different makes (and a number of models of one of those):

IVECO 4x4
                      MAN 4x2
                      Mercedes 4x4
                      Scania 6x6
                      Leyland 4x4 (I think these are still in service)
                      MOWAG DURO for EOD
                      MAN 4x4 (not sure if these are still in service)
                      ACMAT 4x4 (not sure if these are still in service)

We even have 2 makes of DROPS - Scania and IVECO

Comment

• ACMAT 4x4 (not sure if these are still in service)
                        last were the wreckers left in Chad... Gun tractors long gone.

MAN 4x4 (not sure if these are still in service)
                        Probably still hanging around somewhere. great bit of kit.

Leyland 4x4 (I think these are still in service)
                        Aka DAF... yeah artillery still have a few, again good bit of kit. Inside cab was a bit rough but roomy. Good to drive.

IVECO 4x4
                        Shite

Mercedes 4x4
                        . Good machine, bit OTT for what they were used for.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• IVECO 4x4 - have to disagree with Murph - good for convoy work and handles well off road. Sadly many drivers are not trained properly how to use the retarder and cruise controlls so never driver the vehicle to its full potential.
                          MAN 4x2 - getting decrepid but still good work horse
                          Mercedes 4x4 - Not great for anything but short hops.
                          Scania 6x6 - too big and bouncy for what they are untended for.
                          Leyland 4x4 (DAF) Still on the go. Noisy brute of a vehicle but gets the job done.
                          MAN 4x4 taken out of service years ago but one or two remain.
                          ACMAT 4x4 couple of the "garage vans" sitting in the yard in CBB but they are for scrapping.
                          IVECO DROPS - not bad
                          Scania DROPS - Like the 6x6, big and bouncy but the CHU makes it more versitile than the IVECO.

looking at etenders.
                          4 tech stores and 1 tractor unit wont make much of an impact to bolster the ailing fleet.
                          Last edited by luchi; 24 October 2010, 19:38.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

• MAN 4x4 taken out of service years ago but one or two remain.
                            Couple of them on a PSO in Kilworth in 2004. Nice guy left us drive it around the ranges and roads for an evening. ..and then we broke it.

the one with the Giraffe fitted is possibly the only one still in service..even if it is still in service.

MAN 4x2 - getting decrepid but still good work horse
                            Should have been boarded years ago by rights but were bought at a time when the DF had no money, again one of the better buys the army made.Manys a driving course done on these.

Did my truck driving on a Leyland Terrier, who remembers them ???? Probably the last one in the the DF. She was used by everyone in Clonmel, eventually being replaced by a 'baby' MAN as they were called.

'DZJ..being the letters on her reg plate.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                              Did my truck driving on a Leyland Terrier, who remembers them ????
                              Probably anyone who ever hit the brakes on a cold morning and had to peel their face off the inside of the windscreen
                              CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                                the one with the Giraffe fitted is possibly the only one still in service..even if it is still in service.
                                That is/was 6x6

Comment

Working...
                                X