No announcement yet.

More Trucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I saw a photo of that recently, mounted on a Scania?(goes digging for old Cosantoirs).

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Probably anyone who ever hit the brakes on a cold morning and had to peel their face off the inside of the windscreen
      Lol..you had that moment as well...having made the appointment with said same brakes.. yeah they worked after a fashion but never in the sequence required. ..Hit Break stop.......Terrier..hit break ...pause.....stop..alternatively.....lower boot over brake pedal with intentions of stopping...stop!

That is/was 6x6
      Still a MAN product from the eighties.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• One of the NS 8x4 Scanias at the tall ships

Got a few more pics but for some reason I can't get them into the Gallery
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

• World's toughest trucks for Rangers

By Don Lavery Exclusive
          Sunday July 10 2011

A French company that makes some of the world's toughest trucks has won an order worth nearly €600,000 for vehicles to support Ireland's elite Army Ranger Wing.

The Rangers -- who have been used on United Nations-mandated missions in some of the world's worst trouble spots, ranging from the jungles of Liberia to the deserts of Chad -- needed special vehicles to support their humanitarian operations.

The secretive force uses around a dozen modified Ford F-350 Special Reconnaissance Vehicles heavily armed with machine guns and grenade launchers for patrolling but needed a larger vehicle to resupply them.

Two companies applied for the contract, which has been won by Acmat of France, whose legendary military trucks are used by a variety of forces, including the French Foreign Legion.

The Saint Nazaire company is to provide three 4X4 trucks costing €587,103, which will be used to supply Ranger vehicles and troops with food, water, ammunition, fuel and other essentials on long-range patrols.

The trucks, called tactical support vehicles, will be able to carry a five-tonne payload, tow a 10-tonne trailer, carry a machine gun for self defence, and be air transportable.

Acmat VLRA trucks were previously used by the Irish Defence Forces in the 1990S in a variety of roles, including towing artillery pieces, but have now been retired.

- Don Lavery Exclusive
          Does anyone know what the new trucks look like ?

Comment

• Acmat!
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• ...The Saint Nazaire company is to provide three 4X4 trucks costing €587,103, which will be used to supply Ranger vehicles and troops with food, water, ammunition, fuel and other essentials on long-range patrols....
              This came into my head when I read the above...

As for what they look like.... I did a Google using "ACMAT" and "tactical support vehicle"
              and the most likely candidate is the ACMAT VLRA 2 (which looks like a pimped up
              version of the original one the Arty had as gun towing platforms)

Then again, why change something that works ? Land Rover found that out to their cost...

These are available in 4x4 and 6x6 config, from what I can see

This is a 4x4 version...

The long range snipers will be jealous, methinks....
              Last edited by Truck Driver; 10 July 2011, 22:54.
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Funny thing is they are nothing we didn't have already and Acmat hit the roof when they heard that many of ours were cut up as they take them ast rade ins and do full refurbishments.

So in their has the DF actually got rid of a vehicle they had a future requirement for which was made very obvious in Somalia.

Comment

• very useful for Africa, the rangers could definitely use it there

Comment

• were some of ours not left behind in chad and ended up carrying rebels around???
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Two wreckers were donated.

We had demobbed the gun tractors long ago.

Comment

• now that's a truck
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• No, its an AFV.

Comment

• No its an MRAP
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• ah right, that would explain why you need a truck licence to drive this truck then.
                              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Don't go there.

Comment

Working...
                                X