No announcement yet.

Eithne 1985 some memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of losing things overboard. I recall during manouvers on Aisling one time we were using a gemini for something or other, when the boat hit a wave and the Coxn got flipped into the drink. The bowman was facing forward and did not notice until he looked around and had to do a double take. I dont remember who the boat coxswain was but I think it was the second time it had happened to him in a short space of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by blaisec View Post
      Speaking of losing things overboard. I recall during manouvers on Aisling one time we were using a gemini for something or other, when the boat hit a wave and the Coxn got flipped into the drink. The bowman was facing forward and did not notice until he looked around and had to do a double take. I dont remember who the boat coxswain was but I think it was the second time it had happened to him in a short space of time.
      Was that the same coxn who ran the shop on board?

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeHotelFoxtrot View Post
        Where did he ever end up I wonder? Like Big George, never seen again!
        prison officer and a painter

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
          prison officer and a painter

Badger? He did both? In Spike was he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post
            Was that the same coxn who ran the shop on board?
            Not the ships Cox'n the Gemini Cox'n

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeHotelFoxtrot View Post
              Badger? He did both? In Spike was he?
              neg neg big george painting houses.. terry prison officer in dublin

Comment

• jesus that suit must have been in the boot of the car, as for the hat,, is he still alive.. donaldson is looking cool in the background,, living in florida now,,

Comment

jesus that suit must have been in the boot of the car, as for the hat,, is he still alive.. donaldson is looking cool in the background,, living in florida now,,
                  I have to hand it to you GR, you know where every one went!
                  You don't miss a thing !

Do you know where I was over the last week ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                    I have to hand it to you GR, you know where every one went!
                    You don't miss a thing !

Do you know where I was over the last week ?
                    looking at boats somewhere

Comment

looking at boats somewhere
                      No, but I'm relieved that you don't know!

Comment

• Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                        No, but I'm relieved that you don't know!
                        ya but we will find out..if it was somewhere naughty..ie amsterdam

Comment

• How's it goin' everyone, I'm new to this site and I've spent all day reading the stories and looking at the photo's, and Jaysus, the memories it all brings back. My own memory is a bit patchy - most of the '80's was an alcohol induced blur, but I had some great times, with some great crewmates that I'll never forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by BravoWhiskey View Post
                            How's it goin' everyone, I'm new to this site and I've spent all day reading the stories and looking at the photo's, and Jaysus, the memories it all brings back. My own memory is a bit patchy - most of the '80's was an alcohol induced blur, but I had some great times, with some great crewmates that I'll never forget.
                            Welcome aboard Bravo Whiskey! Look forward to your memories and some photos perhaps?

Comment

• How's it goin' everyone, I'm new to this site and I've spent all day reading the stories and looking at the photo's, and Jaysus, the memories it all brings back. My own memory is a bit patchy - most of the '80's was an alcohol induced blur, but I had some great times, with some great crewmates that I'll never forget.
                              Welcome to your conscience....we have memories some would rather forget lol..photos and yarns very acceptable here

The great thing about this thread is if you can't remember the detail of your nightmares, we always have someone who was there with you

Welcome aboard.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by BravoWhiskey View Post
                                How's it goin' everyone, I'm new to this site and I've spent all day reading the stories and looking at the photo's, and Jaysus, the memories it all brings back. My own memory is a bit patchy - most of the '80's was an alcohol induced blur, but I had some great times, with some great crewmates that I'll never forget.
                                Welcome aboard B.W.
                                Hope that you have some photos to help fill in the blanks
                                All stories welcome as well
                                What do you mean abandon ship
                                Are they taking requests?

Comment

Working...
                                X