No announcement yet.

Foreign Naval Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing the shower of crusties round these parts, any Visit from the JDS would be greeted by protests about whaling, or how they encouraged the use of the a-bomb or some other nonsense.

No mention of a visit on the port of cork site either.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

HMS Endurance is currently in Cork, I believe, on her way south for the Antarctic Summer.

Photos to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
        nice one did you get a little visit on board??
        I did years ago on her sister Tijerhaare
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          HMS Endurance is currently in Cork, I believe, on her way south for the Antarctic Summer.

Photos to follow.
          Look forward to those.

Endurance is always one vessel I never get to see when she slips out of Pompey.

Take a look at Endurance's official site, a great write up on Kerryman Tom Crean.

Comment

HMS Enterprise in Cork since this morning. Leaving port on Monday I think.
            Attached Files
            "We do not govern to rule, we govern to serve" Gen. Michael Collins

Comment

Photos to follow.
              Yeah, I was misinformed. I realised this when I saw Grey, instead of Red and White.
              HMS Enterprise. Looking well, of course, but where is the courtesy flag? Major faus pas there. Union Chandelry should be open in the morning, no doubt they'll rectify the omission.

She has been pretty busy, I believe, doing far more than just the surveying she was designed for.

Comment

Yeah, I was misinformed. I realised this when I saw Grey, instead of Red and White.
                And there was me looking forward to the pics

Enterprise recently came back from a 19 month deployment

Ive never see her as she is home ported down at Devonport.

Comment

According to local papers, she is currently working out of Belfast.

I always thought the type seemed to fit the profile for our EPV, in certain ways.

Comment

According to local papers, she is currently working out of Belfast.

I always thought the type seemed to fit the profile for our EPV, in certain ways.
                    Ahh yes, I beleive she is charting the NW Approaches so Belfast would be a suitable location.

Last edited by pmtts; 27 August 2008, 15:35.

Comment

Spanish Fisheries Protection vessel Alborán currently in Cork. Typically for the Spanish P60 types, it looks like another converted trawler.
                      Photos later.

Comment

Spanish Fisheries Protection vessel Alborán currently in Cork. Typically for the Spanish P60 types, it looks like another converted trawler.
                        Photos later.
                        watched her coming alongside on friday she could do with a lick of paint

Comment

Comment

LE EITHNE is due up the Solent on Thursday. Has there been previous visits by INS vessels to Portsmouth?.

Edit: The arrival is in the public domain

Last edited by pmtts; 27 August 2008, 15:36.

Comment

Eithne was there for Trafalgar 200, in 2005. Aisling was there for one of the maritime festivals a few years back also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogwatch View Post
                                Eithne was there for Trafalgar 200, in 2005. Aisling was there for one of the maritime festivals a few years back also.

Many thanks.

My mistake in the earlier post, I said arrival when it should have been departure :redface:

Here she is on VTS Radar..

Last edited by pmtts; 28 August 2008, 09:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X