• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my day

Removed by Owner
    Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:27. Reason: Removed by Owner

Originally posted by AlanF View Post
    Sometimes no matter whether be it in the Service or Civvie Street you meet people whom you never forget.

I met a lot of these type of people, and most were in the PDF, not just the Navy.

Today I met one of these people and it was such a pleasant surprise.

I will not mention the name yet, but leave you with a clue.

"You don't Hassel me and I won’t Hassel you"

Do you remember this individual?

By the way, he looks great, and has not changed much over the years.
    nice one alan what is he doing and is he back in sligo....

Comment

Removed by Owner
      Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:28. Reason: Removed by Owner

Comment

Good one Alan ,good to hear he is doing well.I remember the depot line incident.I must let RC know abput this site, also Alan the brother says hello

Comment

Well done GR, you get the prize, yes it is Gerry B from Sligo.

He is doing well and as I have already stated he is looking very well.

Gerry B is now living in his native Skreen, Co. Sligo. It was amazing meeting him, he still has the gruff way he had whilst in the Navy except he seems to have his head together and seems to have settled down, although he still has the same sense of humour that only Gerry could have.

Hope others that remember him will like me have fond memories.

For those who did not know him, The Clue above comes from an incident on the Depot lines in 1982.

Gerry was walking down the Depot and as per usual Gerry was in a hurry with the head down and the short legs pumping and his arms swinging. As Officer passed him and Gerry did not salute, expect Gerry was not even aware that the Officer was there.

Of course the Officer pulled Gerry up and said "Seaman B, do you not salute Officers", Gerry turned to the Officer and said in his unique was "Aah! Sir, look, you don't Hassel, pronounced HASHEL me and I won't hassle you", with this Gerry just went on his merry way with the Officer just looking at him in amazement.
          roger roger hope he is not driving a bus ??

Comment

Originally posted by cha the tel View Post
            Good one Alan ,good to hear he is doing well.I remember the depot line incident.I must let RC know abput this site, also Alan the brother says hello
            cha do you still use Andrews... it was once a favourite of yours

Comment

Removed by Owner
              Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:28. Reason: Removed by Owner

Comment

Moggy,

Memory must be slipping, Gerry B was the conductor, he was collecting the fares. The driver was someone else.

Cha, how is it going, tell Cha II I return the complement.

Alan
                the drivers were from limerick nickname of BUMBLES.. gas men the next morning was a scream in the M.A.As office as the enquiry was started... roger roger...

Comment

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                  the drivers were from limerick nickname of BUMBLES.. gas men the next morning was a scream in the M.A.As office as the enquiry was started... roger roger...
                  YEAH REMEMBER IT WELL
                  SOME SCREAMING FROM THE OFFICE

Comment

i laughed out loud when i heard about gerry as i hadnt even thought of him in 20 odd years often in life you don't get a chance to meet these type of people that often and when you do you don't appreciate it i remember the bus incident well as i was in ring that night with jimmy phillpott and met the brothers bumble in fowleys two rough diamonds if ever there were any but genuine enough once you knew them i ended up walking back to the base with phillpott when we saw the bus coming we thought it would stop little did we know what was happening on board it drove on and we continued to the basin the whole place was buzzing the next day with the craic gerry got some stick i dont think the bumbles cared less

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                      i laughed out loud when i heard about gerry as i hadnt even thought of him in 20 odd years often in life you don't get a chance to meet these type of people that often and when you do you don't appreciate it i remember the bus incident well as i was in ring that night with jimmy phillpott and met the brothers bumble in fowleys two rough diamonds if ever there were any but genuine enough once you knew them i ended up walking back to the base with phillpott when we saw the bus coming we thought it would stop little did we know what was happening on board it drove on and we continued to the basin the whole place was buzzing the next day with the craic gerry got some stick i dont think the bumbles cared less
                      Well said, BM. I couldn't remember the twins names for a long time either. You are right - they wouldn't have cared less .

Comment

:tri: [Q OTE=golden rivet;193841]cha do you still use Andrews... it was once a favourite of yours[/QUOTE]

No I have to move on the Cod Liver Oil in the last few years

Comment

Working...
                        X