Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Sniper Weapons (split from New Equipment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
    Pic in today's Irish Times shows a Turkish Army sniper team, said to be taking part in an operation in Northern Iraq. it's a three-man team: sniper, spotter, and a guy with an MP5, presumably providing local security.
    Its not an MP5 is a HK G33 or similar

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics Fireplace. I had a look around and I couldn't find them.

Yeah Muzzle, you're right, a HK33, sorry 'bout that. Any idea about the sniper rifle in the same picture?

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
        Thanks for posting the pics Fireplace. I had a look around and I couldn't find them.

Yeah Muzzle, you're right, a HK33, sorry 'bout that. Any idea about the sniper rifle in the same picture?
        Same as what we use AI L96 7.62mm

Last edited by Muzzle; 27 February 2008, 08:48.

Comment

Article .5

Heres an interesting article I though y'all might be interested in...

"There is nothing braver then the heart of a volunteer" Lt. Col. Dolittle, USAC, 1941.

Comment

Finally got a look at some of the new sniper kit during the week.It all made by Arktis in the U.k.
            Kit consists of,
            Sniper ghillie vest.
            Sniper smock
            sniper waterproof jkt(t.i proof aswell)
            Sniper salopettes.

Salopettes even have a dump flap at the rear! All the kit is very well thought out and expensive to boot.The salopettes are retailing for nearly 200 hundred stering alone.
            Heres a few photos of some of the kit in british dpm.All the issue stuff is in ip-dpm as per.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by apod; 10 September 2008, 06:11.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              Finally got a look at some of the new sniper kit during the week.It all made by Arktis in the U.k.
              Kit consists of,
              Sniper ghillie vest.
              Sniper smock
              Snier salopettes.

Salopettes even have a dump flap at the rear! All the kit is very well thought out and expensive to boot.The salopettes are retailing for nearly 200 hundred stering alone.
              Heres a few photos of some of the kit in british dpm.All the issue stuff is in ip-dpm as per.
              There are pics of snipers wearing the IP-DPM Arktis sniper smock in the latest An Cosantoir. Looks very good.

Why is there eppelalatte

Comment

Kit consists of,
                Sniper ghillie vest.
                Sniper smock
                Snier salopettes.

There are pics of snipers wearing the IP-DPM Arktis sniper smock in the latest An Cosantoir. Looks very good.

Why is there what looks like rank slider above the pockets on the sleeve?

Comment

Kit consists of,
                  Sniper ghillie vest.
                  Sniper smock
                  Snier salopettes.

Why is there what looks like rank slider above the pockets on the sleeve? - local foliage etc?

Comment

why do you repeat yourself?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Three times with three slight differences!
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                      Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                      Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                      Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Thats not a rank epaulette.Its an attachment point for the sniper rifle sling for off hand firing positions,.It is mounted on each upper arm.Rank as normal when worn is mounted on the chest.Did ye also notice the "pit zips" and the roll away face veil mounted on the hood?Nice kit.

Oh and furthur to my comments about the HK 417's .i am reliably informed that they are held by the IWW for isssue to whicever infantry unit gets to represent us at the international competition.ARW did this year and they had the new Augs so thats why we havent seen em yet.Or so i am told.Will try to confirm.:wink:
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Thats not a rank epaulette.Its an attachment point for the sniper rifle sling for off hand firing positions,.It is mounted on each upper arm.Rank as normal when worn is mounted on the chest.Did ye also notice the "pit zips" and the roll away face veil mounted on the hood?Nice kit.

Oh and furthur to my comments about the HK 417's .i am reliably informed that they are held by the IWW for isssue to whicever infantry unit gets to represent us at the international competition
                          .ARW did this year and they had the new Augs so thats why we havent seen em yet.Or so i am told.Will try to confirm.:wink:
                          That seem's a little pointless?:confused:
                          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            Any chance of someone scanning the article for a poor unfortunate currently residing outside Ireland(me)?
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter View Post
                              That seem's a little pointless?:confused:
                              Go figureHaving said that its not the first time this has been done .There are a number of Steyrs mounted with Elcan wildcat sights that are held by whichever unit is tasked with representing the DF at bisley each year.It was 4 bn last year i believe.Sights were procured in order to compete with the likes of the Susat sight on the SA-80 which has a greater magnification.

Comment

Did indeed, was it any AUG A3 in the photo?

Comment

Working...
                                X