Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pod View Post
    Well said Murph!
    I agree, Mr Bush has a lot to answer for. I wonder if he will be tried for injustices to humanity? If I was living in the far east, I would be up in arms at the way America rode rough shod through the various countries without a thought for its people or resources.

In fact, if there was respect and tolerance shown to these same countries from the outset, would there be as as many 'Bin Laden's' running around today? I don't think so.

When will these men in power realise that if you jump all over people, they will respond in a negative fashion.

Wake up Mr. Bush and others in power, get a grip!

Comment

Sigh.

Living in the US I can tell you that the American people are already paying for the incompetence of this administration.
      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
        Sigh.

Living in the US I can tell you that the American people are already paying for the incompetence of this administration.
        Well, there is one ray of light on the horizon, in that there is now an opportunity for real change. My gut feeling is that the American people will get an administration that will pull back from the brink of wars and work for the betterment of human kind. And in doing so will set an example for the rest of the world.

I am siting on the edge of my seat in expectation.
        Last edited by Test Pilot; 19 July 2008, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
          lets see where do I start......

It has nothing to do with education etc...its money! Nothing else but money!

We are not a nation who needs a large armed force as we are not at war with large portions of the world at any given time nor have we ammassed enough enimies who want to wipe us of the face of the earth that we have to spend a large proportion of the nations GNP on vast armies and navies to defend ourselves.

The Naval Service even gave your own Service lesson on how to operate the machines from similar sized ships.

We could operate the helos you do from the ships you do if we had your money and resources and often total disregard for human life.

I'm sure there are cities in the US that have double our entire AC fleet and ships as large as small towns here... but size ain't everything.
          Lets look at the country that threw oney at projects like the V22 Osprey over the last 25 years and it still isn't right

Invaded a country on the pre text of weapons of mass destruction that never existed.....

Spent thirty years fighting a war which was 100 years old in SE Asia and still lost with all the weapons in the world to draw on

Fought a war in Korea with a third world nation and still only managed a draw.

Spent the last 7 years spending billions of dollars a day looking for one man and invaded two countries on the pre text

while a large percentage of your own population are living below internationally recognised poverty levels.

And you call us uneducated.........definetely watching too much CNN
          I alway's thought Toby was from New zealand/Australia?:confused:
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

just in from the sun in hot majorca... so where is the fdo gone with the orange gloves.. we could compete with the best of them and got a lot of praise from the french when we started deck landings as it was new to us but never underestimate the quiet irishman he is everywhere..... even zorro was irish....

Comment

Sea Toby is what is reffered to in 'The Guardian 'as a' puddle pirate...'

In 1986 we had some of the same visit us on the L.E. Eithne to see how were operated with helos from small ships....
              Hence the Dolphin..

Now back to the Bertwolf fiasco..you buy a 465 million dollar vessel and accept it as unfinished and nobody wants to set up comms with you as the comms are all flawed.

This is the newest vessel in the USCG and a 40 year average is the norm with the newer stuff all older than 20 years and nothing bigger than the David F{ google it)

Yes ST maybe we could go back to education standards and maybe the USCG could be in the remedial class.
              We'll set the standards..you can follow.
              Last edited by hptmurphy; 19 July 2008, 22:35.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Be fair to C N N , Fox News is better at the gutter press and brain washing.
                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
                  Japan is forbidden by treaty from operating Aircraft Carriers. Hence the name"Helicopter Destroyer".
                  They're also forbidden by the Constitution from having an Army, Navy and Air Force.

Just call it something else, you'll be good to go. It'll be a fixed-wing-capable anti-submarine air-operations cruiser or something equally stupid. Either way, it's fitted for VSTOL should they buy some.

NTM
                  Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

The Invincible-class were once called "through deck cruisers" and the Kuznetsov a "heavy aircraft carrying cruiser" (well it does carry more than 1,000 SAMs).
                    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Working...
                    X