Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

• Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
      Surely its a General Staff beret......
      True, but seeing as he's wearing the aircorps rank markings and wears AC No 1's, wouldn't iit make sense to wear the AC cap badge?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
        True, but seeing as he's wearing the aircorps rank markings and wears AC No 1's, wouldn't iit make sense to wear the AC cap badge?
        I'm sure all the general staff are supposed to wear that cap badge, no matter what branch they're from.

It's not a regular cap badge, it's embroidery.

Comment

• Generals make their own rules. The current GoC wears a glengarry, when in field dress. No Doubt when the Naval Service get a man on general staff, he'll wear full scrambled egg.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            Generals make their own rules. The current GoC wears a glengarry, when in field dress. No Doubt when the Naval Service get a man on general staff, he'll wear full scrambled egg.
            He's got the embroidered cap badge though doesn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
              I'm sure all the general staff are supposed to wear that cap badge, no matter what branch they're from.

It's not a regular cap badge, it's embroidery.
              Don't think so.

La communauté mondiale la plus sûre et la plus inclusive pour les amateurs de photographie. Un espace qui favorise l’inspiration, l’échange et le partage !
              Last edited by Herald; 1 June 2011, 20:15.

Comment

Dpn't think so.

Look at all the general staff. They all wear a small embroidered cap badge.

Comment

Look at all the general staff. They all wear a small embroidered cap badge.
                  Still don't think they all do

La communauté mondiale la plus sûre et la plus inclusive pour les amateurs de photographie. Un espace qui favorise l’inspiration, l’échange et le partage !

Nordic Battle Group ISTAR Training recently took place in Kilworth, including a visit from the Nordic Battle Group Force Cmdr and ISTAR Cmdr from Sweden
                  Last edited by Herald; 1 June 2011, 20:31.

Comment

Fair point then

I've never seen that embroidered air corps one. Are they planning on making all cap badges embroidered in the future or what?

I like my shiny one

Comment

Fair point then

I've never seen that embroidered air corps one. Are they planning on making all cap badges embroidered in the future or what?

I like my shiny one
                      No idea, just thats the first time i've seen Mr James wearing a DF one as opposed to Air Corps.

IIRC i've seen him wear a metal one as well,cant seem to find the pic though.

Comment

• Staff officers in that those who wear the red tabs on their Collar wear wear the 'Gold thread embroidered with red backing cap badge and similarly style badges on their combat dress. Aircorps officers also have an embroidered version of their generic cap badge as do naval officers for wearing with Working dress.

Brig Gen James retains his Aercorps rank and thus his according uniforms..with appropriate cap badges.

However in this photo he seems to have fallen in line with the rest of the camp followers and opted for the generic staff officer cap badge..sold out no doubt!!! Bad Ralphy!

I don't like the army ones and think they look Idi Amin 'ish' in design. While it is a nice touch that the COS wears his original corps head gear the badge looks awful but when you look at the army officers those who are entitle to wear oak leaves on the cap visors lost the privelege to do so in combat dress and probably felt the need to adapt the badge to conform to the trimmings of their rank...but it could have been done is a subdued format.
                        Last edited by hptmurphy; 1 June 2011, 21:19.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I for one would be reluctant to order any man to remove sunglasses in strong sunlight if they were not on a parade, unless I had an alternative issued pair to provide them with
                          .... and what is happening at that time ?
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            Staff officers in that those who wear the red tabs on their Collar wear wear the 'Gold thread embroidered with red backing cap badge and similarly style badges on their combat dress. Aircorps officers also have an embroidered version of their generic cap badge as do naval officers for wearing with Working dress.

Brig Gen James retains his Aercorps rank and thus his according uniforms..with appropriate cap badges.

However in this photo he seems to have fallen in line with the rest of the camp followers and opted for the generic staff officer cap badge..sold out no doubt!!! Bad Ralphy!

I don't like the army ones and think they look Idi Amin 'ish' in design. While it is a nice touch that the COS wears his original corps head gear the badge looks awful but when you look at the army officers those who are entitle to wear oak leaves on the cap visors lost the privelege to do so in combat dress and probably felt the need to adapt the badge to conform to the trimmings of their rank...but it could have been done is a subdued format.
                            I think it's a load of ballcock to be wearing shiny badges on field dress headgear, the
                            red tabs should be enough....

I am of the same opinion when it comes to the bright and shiny rank sliders with field dress
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              .... and what is happening at that time ?
                              He may have a perscription to wear them.

Would you risk challenging it?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

He may have a perscription to wear them.

Would you risk challenging it?
                                Judging by those, I'm not buying that they are prescription glasses

Then again, there are a couple of bods on the board from this Cpl's unit, so
                                they should be able to confirm if they are or are not...

Comment

Working...
                                X