New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Actually the shirt is part of your tactical uniform.

According to A9 the smock was only to be worn in inclement weather.
    Then explain why you have to wear the smock during a exercise in the middle of summer? The shirt is worn as a outer layer when its too hot to wear anything else i.e Chad.
    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      Then explain why you have to wear the smock during a exercise in the middle of summer? The shirt is worn as a outer layer when its too hot to wear anything else i.e Chad.
      Incompetent leaders that don't bother to read the regulations

NEXT!
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
        Incompetent leaders that don't bother to read the regulations

NEXT!
        So that also covers the people training the cadets then?

Comment

Ask yourself this - do you think that when those cadets become officers, they make their troops wear smocks in warm weather?.....

Comment

The driflo replaces the t-shirt.

The design of the uniform is based on Arktis (I think they were actually used as consultants). They do 2 basic types of smock, one of them has a breathable waterproof lining (they actually used to sell it in Irish DPM on their website). The cost is an extra UK£90 when compared with the unlined version (obviously if they were being manufactured in bulk it would be cheaper).

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
              Ask yourself this - do you think that when those cadets become officers, they make their troops wear smocks in warm weather?.....
              Yes, they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                Yup.

Comment

I have to say this, i simply love the Norweigan.. i wear it around the house all the time along with a pair of slippers. So comfortable and warm.

And dont any of you give me any "issued clothing not allowed to be used in civie land" crap, its a norweigan, not like im going out wearing dpm in paintballing like some muppets. Dont be boring.

Hell id gladly buy it off the DF as its so damn comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Komsomol View Post
                    Hell id gladly buy it off the DF as its so damn comfortable.
                    Don't go saying things like that or they might decide it's a good idea.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Crap your right *runs away from the curiour trying to serve me with a bill* too late!

Comment

Just put your rainjacket on underneath your smock.
                        "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Theres no set way in which to wear raingear or other such items. There are guidelines made up by CQ's in different barracks and if you go into different units you'll see them wearing things differently. Thats mainly for uniformity within units.

The main rule which seems to be obeyed by everyone is that it must be a DPM outer layer.
                          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Contracts were signed for the new "walking out jacket" i.e the DPM fleece recently.Should be in stores by april i am reliably informed....
                            Sooner, possibly.

Saw a neighbour of mine heading back to work today (home for lunch) wearing one.

And it has the chest mounted epaulette, which made me think that it wasn't
                            one of the trial jackets, because as Murph said, they are coloured more like
                            French CE DPM, or the earlier Seyntex DPM smocks, rather than the
                            current issue Port West manufactured ones...
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              Sooner, possibly.

Saw a neighbour of mine heading back to work today (home for lunch) wearing one.

That might be one of the Issue ones as I know a CQ who has one with the Rank sliders on the shoulders and He informs me that the the Rank will be on the Chest.

He let me borrow it for Duty and Its a good jacket. very similar to a North Face Shell.
                              but the shoulder mounted rank epaulette were to small for the sliders. The Chest ones make better sense IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                                Sooner, possibly.

It's the other way around - portwest were the old manufacturers, seyntex are the current lads.

Comment

Working...
                                X