No announcement yet.

New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a copy of that Adm. Instr. off someone ?

As I recall its then up to Unit Commanders to issue dress SOPs - e.g. DPM outer layer at all times.

What are these items replacing ? and if I send a recruit into stores what will he get ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• A kick up the arse...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        Can I get a copy of that Adm. Instr. off someone ?

As I recall its then up to Unit Commanders to issue dress SOPs - e.g. DPM outer layer at all times.

What are these items replacing ? and if I send a recruit into stores what will he get ?
        As i said. PM Docman he has a copy.I have only seen the Instr on the new fleece on the ENB at the moment but if i see a hard copy i will try to get a copy of it.

The new fleece replaces the old fleece.Thats all.I had posted a good while back that it was also gonna replace the norgie and pullover.Thats not happening now.Pullover is still issued for those in DFHQ for wear with SD No3 and the norgie has been updated not replaced.

A recruit will get what he is scaled for.If PDF.Everything(Eventually.Recruits get a couple of different issues at different stages of training)If RDF the same basic issue as before.New norgie will be issued to RDF when stocks of the old ones run out.new fleeces,driflos etc issued to those in the RDF scaled for them again as old stock runs out.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• A word of advice to any RDF lads in the Brugha at the moment, get yourself over to the clothing stores and chase a few t-shirts.

They're trying to clear the stocks of green dri-flo's as the new ones are coming in so they're throwing them away to everyone, including anyone looking for t-shirts. Same goes for the newer Norweigans, as they're getting replaced too.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            Glad we haven't copied what??
            you have seen our new fleece - you can wear yours as an outer garment - if you copied ours you wouldn't be able to.

that's all i meant.
            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
              A word of advice to any RDF lads in the Brugha at the moment, get yourself over to the clothing stores and chase a few t-shirts.

They're trying to clear the stocks of green dri-flo's as the new ones are coming in so they're throwing them away to everyone, including anyone looking for t-shirts. Same goes for the newer Norweigans, as they're getting replaced too.
              Stores have been giving out OG drifloto everybody,RDF included, in lieu of OG t-shirts for months now due to the "fruit of the loom" scandal.

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              you have seen our new fleece - you can wear yours as an outer garment - if you copied ours you wouldn't be able to.

that's all i meant.
              Sorry wasnt sure if you were refering to copying something else.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                A word of advice to any RDF lads in the Brugha at the moment, get yourself over to the clothing stores and chase a few t-shirts.

Originally posted by apod View Post
                Stores have been giving out OG drifloto everybody,RDF included, in lieu of OG t-shirts for months now due to the "fruit of the loom" scandal.

Sorry wasnt sure if you were refering to copying something else.
                As apod says HA, that happened around 4/5 months ago as an II not FWT.

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                  better off without the velcro biceps....the amount of badges worn by some militarys is ridiculous nowadays. thank you americans!
                  Isnt that the beauty of velcro ? badge on - badge off , no trips to the tailors or worse still wonder web
                  Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Isnt that the beauty of velcro ? badge on - badge off , no trips to the tailors or worse still wonder web
                    i've swapped all my jackets now for the velcro biceps, and had to submit our sizes for MTP arriving with us end of next month (i'll believe it when i am wearing it).

it's velcro all the way for me!
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• the new gear is all in.
                      after that it depends on your size.
                      new operational flecce or as the lads call it WESLIFE JACKET is on issue to all Army Pers PDF and RDF.
                      It replaces the jumper and Fleece.
                      New Norwegian about 9 months as awaiting stocks of Green to go down.
                      Smock has hidden zips in top belows pockets with redesigned hood and elasticated draw cords,
                      New shirt is sorter with straight pockets,
                      New Trousers have Zipped side pockets and elasticated draw cords.
                      Overseas flash on everything from new DPM t shirt up.(which will have velcro on the chest for rank marking)
                      Same for the Norwegian.
                      To finish this Cool new look a pair of Bolle sunglasses.
                      Remember Image is everything!

Comment

• sounds good scud, looking forward to seeing pics of it.
                        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Who's gonna model it for us?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• the new gear is all in.
                            after that it depends on your size.
                            new operational flecce or as the lads call it WESLIFE JACKET is on issue to all Army Pers PDF and RDF.
                            It replaces the jumper and Fleece.
                            It is my understanding that the jumper is NOT being replaced.Only personel in DFHQ will retain it.Has this changed ?They were originally supposed to get an OD version of the new fleece for wear with SD no3 but i believe that went out the window.RDF getting them too?as a new item on their issue scale or for the few who do a 72 hour exercise as now?

New Norwegian about 9 months as awaiting stocks of Green to go down.
                            Logical.Winter trip to UNIFIL will most likely be the first to get them.
                            Smock has hidden zips in top belows pockets with redesigned hood and elasticated draw cords,
                            What change was made to the hood? Tie down?
                            New shirt is sorter with straight pockets,
                            Shite.Triumph of style over substance.BA and US go for side opening chest pockets and no buttons to reduce pressure point s when CBA is worn.We redesign our shirt so it looks better on parade.
                            New Trousers have Zipped side pockets and elasticated draw cords.
                            I'll reserve judgement.
                            Overseas flash on everything from new DPM t shirt up.(which will have velcro on the chest for rank marking)
                            Vecro provided solves the problem of having to source velcro overseas when the BSM decides he wants rank on the Driflo in camp.Large tricolour a waste of money.We dont go shirtless out of camp so why the need for a national flag in our own bases?
                            Same for the Norwegian.
                            Another waste of money.Norgie is an undergarment.Not worn as an outer layer around camp or on patrol.
                            To finish this Cool new look a pair of Bolle sunglasses.
                            Now thats no harm.Are they the same as the Chad issue?If so i believe they are ballistic.

Remember Image is everything!
                            Indeed
                            Last edited by apod; 28 April 2011, 22:38.

Comment

• Remember Image is everything!
                              Sad thing is you have to quote from a shite movie...make your own up!

Does this mean all my kit is now no longer standard issue and I can flog it on ebay as opposed to kitting my grandkids out as re enactors?
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                                It is my understanding that the jumper is NOT being replaced.Only personel in DFHQ will retain it.Has this changed ?They were originally supposed to get an OD version of the new fleece for wear with SD no3 but i believe that went out the window.RDF getting them too?as a new item on their issue scale or for the few who do a 72 hour exercise as now?
                                Yep, I saw a guy in DFTC wearing one of the OD jackets, and it looked absolutely shite

The DPM version looks class, though

I'm sure that stores outside of Dublin/DFTC will STILL be divvying out their surplus
                                wooly pullys to RDF personnel to get rid of the stock, though
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X