No announcement yet.

New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw where the brits and the yanks are getting a new issue shirt with normal shirt sleeves and a dryflo torso. These would be great for overseas and get away from having to wear the dpm shirt that sticks to your back after five minutes. It would be a great addition to the clothing scale

Comment

Originally posted by Dog One View Post
      Saw where the brits and the yanks are getting a new issue shirt with normal shirt sleeves and a dryflo torso. These would be great for overseas and get away from having to wear the dpm shirt that sticks to your back after five minutes. It would be a great addition to the clothing scale
      To the best of my knowledge these garments are for operational wear only, only in places like Afghanistan & Iraq and only under body armour.

Comment

it would be a good idea anyway and it could be only be used for under body armour, over seas
        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

The new jacket is good for barracks duties. They do need to move the ranksliders to the chest however.

What they need to look at now is a replacement for the standard issue smock. The fact that the battlevest is worn over it now makes the front pockets redundant. A new version needs to be put on issue. A roll in hood would be a good addition. Perhaps also some better arm pockets. A removable lining for summer use would save cutting out the lining. (Not that I've ever done that of course )

Another useful item of kit would be removable knee pads for the trousers for on the ground. Something like these: http://www.asmc.de/en/KSK-field-pant...ear-CCE-p.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dog One View Post
            The ARW got an IP-DPM version of the U.BA.C.S that you described made up by Lowe alpine for the Chad deployment.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by cooley View Post
              The new jacket is good for barracks duties. They do need to move the ranksliders to the chest however.

What they need to look at now is a replacement for the standard issue smock. The fact that the battlevest is worn over it now makes the front pockets redundant. A new version needs to be put on issue. A roll in hood would be a good addition. Perhaps also some better arm pockets. A removable lining for summer use would save cutting out the lining. (Not that I've ever done that of course )

Another useful item of kit would be removable knee pads for the trousers for on the ground. Something like these: http://www.asmc.de/en/KSK-field-pant...ear-CCE-p.html
              i got two pockets of a pair of combats that were too small and sewedthem into the knee'sof another pair and stuck in a bit if an old kip matt,,worked a charm even when soaked in the river

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
                i got two pockets of a pair of combats that were too small and sewedthem into the knee'sof another pair and stuck in a bit if an old kip matt,,worked a charm even when soaked in the river
                Did you sew them down or could you still use them as pockets

Theres a phot in An Cosantoir of the snipers smock with pockets on the back and arms and epaulettes on the shoulders. Also a nice AUG with rails, short barrel and HUGE scope on top
                Last edited by concussion; 7 September 2008, 14:35.
                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Or http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/Products/...proofsmock.htm & http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/Products/...ofTrousers.htm

Comment

Originally posted by cooley View Post
                    Where is rank worn on them at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                      The ARW got an IP-DPM version of the U.BA.C.S that you described made up by Lowe alpine for the Chad deployment.
                      And there's attempts being made to get them produced for us regular folk as well :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        Where is rank worn on them at the moment?
                        Shoulders.
                        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          24bs are better than magnums . If they're a size 12 I'll take them off your hands [ downside is I can't give you anything back ]
                          thats one big foot for kicking recruit ass

Comment

mate of mine is 6'8 and size 16 shoes ... pity he never wanted to join.
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Got a quick look at the proposed new DPM fleece jacket today in Mckee.Looks good.Black fleece lining.Pockets on outside.Velcro storm baffle over the zip and shoulder(?) epaulettes.(Although if its gonna be barrack dress that makes sense.)
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Did someone tell me it was still not for outerwear - i.e. still shirt or smock outer only..?
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X