New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    I teach lads how to use atropine autoinjectors on the CBRN course.Modern Morpine syrettes work the same i believe(Can you cofirm RGJ?).
    correct APOD - the Morphine syrettes work in the exact same manner as the CBRN type auto-injectors. we carried 2 each when we were in Iraq, i would imagine its the same in Afghan - Knocker or Keef will know, but yes they are the same type apod.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Cheers Mate.I thought they were,but i didn't want to say for sure without confirmation.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• no probs apod.

just a quick question on the DPM jacket - i think it was posted above that the current jacket does not have a hood retainer (button and string) - if this is the case how do you tame your hood and what is planned for the new jacket?

i think we have opted for a larger strip - much like an epaulette on velcro as a retainer on our new jackets.
        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          I dont know if that would work with our current CBA as the soft armour overlaps at the shoulders,but if a trained Paramedic tells me it can be done who am i to argue?
          Personally, I would've been asking them if they've ever actually done it and if they did, how long did it take? Cause knowing the DF, I can't imagine many medics got to cut up the CBA with a Tuffcut so it's most likely just theory.

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
          just a quick question on the DPM jacket - i think it was posted above that the current jacket does not have a hood retainer (button and string) - if this is the case how do you tame your hood and what is planned for the new jacket?
          What I do and most lads I know do, is roll the hood in on itself which usually solves the problem.

Comment

• Good point H.A. But i wasn't about to embarrass an instructor in front of their class.

RGJ-Most of the DF just wear the hood down.Personally i dont like that but in Bks i play the game.IMHO when worn down it gets caught under your CEFO,fills up with half the pine needles in the forest when moving through foliage and catches the wind in bad weather.Thats why i have fitted a button off an old shirt and a strip of cord of the kind used to pull in the storm baffle on the PLCE backpack to my field smock so i can roll the hood.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• thanks for clarifying that apod i was just wondering.

the majority of our lads, me included, wear it rolled tightly into itself (and secured with the fitted retainer) however some lads like to go al fresco and end up looking like Gandalf on parade.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                thanks for clarifying that apod i was just wondering.

the majority of our lads, me included, wear it rolled tightly into itself (and secured with the fitted retainer) however some lads like to go al fresco and end up looking like Gandalf on parade.
                A lot of our lads wear it the same way as yourself and your lads, minus having an actual retainer obviously.

Except for in the barracks where the BSM would tear us a new one.

Comment

• The new ba dpm jackets are good. A lot lighter than our smocks but just as warm with the tie down on the hood a good way of making a nice snug collar. Like the added outside chest zip pockets
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                    The new ba dpm jackets are good. A lot lighter than our smocks but just as warm with the tie down on the hood a good way of making a nice snug collar. Like the added outside chest zip pockets
                    Are they like alpine pockets? Those look handy if you're wearing a plate carrier.....

Comment

• I was commenting on the Brit dpm jacket. But now that you brought the picture up, imagine that jacket in Irish dpm and you get a very close approximation of the new jacket going around
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                        Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                        imagine that jacket in Irish dpm and you get a very close approximation of the new jacket going around
                        very nice indeed.
                        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Wasn't there a video on youtube of an interview with the former PR Officer (I think it was Pat O'Conner?) where he was wearing that jacket?

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                            Wasn't there a video on youtube of an interview with the former PR Officer (I think it was Pat O'Conner?) where he was wearing that jacket?
                            He was wearing a trial version.

The new DPM jacket is pretty much exactly like the photo above, without the zips on the left and right of the main zip.

I tried one on last week, really snug fit. A good bit of kit.

Comment

• still a nice bit of kit, but wouldn't a softee be better than a fleece, or is this in addition to a softee?
                              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                                still a nice bit of kit, but wouldn't a softee be better than a fleece, or is this in addition to a softee?
                                Only Mowag crews on winter trips in cold locations overseas(KFOR) and the ARW get issued softees here.At the moment we get issued an OG fleece liner much the same as your own but with a full length collar and no pockets.Half the DF have purchased their own softees or buffalos though.

Comment

Working...
                                X