No announcement yet.

New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it IRR treated? The Brits used to issue a DPM fleece, but switched to a green version when they realised that it was about as IRR as a clown suit.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      Did someone tell me it was still not for outerwear - i.e. still shirt or smock outer only..?
      No it is replacing the Jumper and both fleece and norgie.It will be worn in lieu of smock around barracks over the shirt.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
      Is it IRR treated? The Brits used to issue a DPM fleece, but switched to a green version when they realised that it was about as IRR as a clown suit.
      Dont know about how IRR it is.The brits changed to OG fleeces also beacuse the Sgt's major of the various units banned it from being worn as outer wear.Hence printing in DPM was a waste of money.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Apod have you seen the DPM version yet,,are they on General issue

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Got a quick look at the proposed new DPM fleece jacket today in Mckee.Looks good.Black fleece lining.Pockets on outside.Velcro storm baffle over the zip and shoulder(?) epaulettes.(Although if its gonna be barrack dress that makes sense.)
          What the hell were you doing up in Dublin?

We don't like you country folk coming up here

Comment

The bad thing is we can't get our troops issued either norgies or fleeces becuase this new bit of kit is coming soon.

So it should be available to the RDF as well since we can no longer get any other cold weather gear.

Sooner rather then later please.
            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Saw a US soldier (officer) wearing their fleece the other day. Patches included to take nametags and rank markings. Looked well.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Any pictures of this mystical jacket????
                Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
                  Apod have you seen the DPM version yet,,are they on General issue
                  I just said i had.:confused:

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                  What the hell were you doing up in Dublin?

We don't like you country folk coming up here
                  When you need the job done send the best.BTW it was the fastest i EVER got in and out of dublin!:wink:
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

[QUOTE=apod;220036]I just said i had.:confused:

I was asking about the DPM version as iv seen the OG version the other day,, the DPM looks ten fold better,the OG looks a bit 'back in day'

Comment

I think I saw someone wearing the new dpm fleece doing their shopping recently (I know whatever next??) Was wondering if anyone had a pic ?
                      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

oh dear god does someone not a damn picture of the thing. i'm begining to think this jacket doesn't exixt and this is all just a big joke
                        Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagger63 View Post
                          oh dear god does someone not a damn picture of the thing. i'm begining to think this jacket doesn't exixt and this is all just a big joke
                          Colonel John Courtney (SIO 97 Inf Bn_Kosovo) is wearing one in the photo of the
                          contestants at the start line of the Kosovo An Cosantóir 10k - Dec/Jan (the latest)
                          issue of the An Cosantóir magazine (News Update photos, Page 7
                          Last edited by Truck Driver; 13 January 2009, 12:15.
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            contestants at the start line of the Kosovo An Cosantóir 10k - Dec/Jan (the latest)
                            Cheers, i'll check that out.
                            Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

So he is..looks very 'French' in colour comparrison and I see shoulder mounted rank markings are back in vogue.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I've see it, its not bad, i think the pockets are like that so people don't walk around with there hands in them, think there only for holding the odd thing. I don't get the shoulder rank holders are there, could it have something to do with the sniper smock having them too? maybe the manufacture?
                                Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X