No announcement yet.

Red berets as an obstacle to vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It all looks a bit like a GQ combat fashion shoot to me.Everyone's trying to out-cool each other, with the gear getting Gucci-er by the second."My Oakleys are cooler than your 'Bans"...Oh, yeah, I've got a hand-stitched leather cover for my grenade launcher...beyond cool, dude! The least accessorised fella there is the Nasher and he's too high in the food-chain to bother about mere trifles like who's got the coolest toy.After all, he's got his own bagman/valet/flunkey/door-opener/rose-petal scatterer. After that, he could have a water pistol in his holster and still radiate coolness...
    regards
    GttC

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
      It all looks a bit like a GQ combat fashion shoot to me.Everyone's trying to out-cool each other, with the gear getting Gucci-er by the second."My Oakleys are cooler than your 'Bans"...Oh, yeah, I've got a hand-stitched leather cover for my grenade launcher...beyond cool, dude! The least accessorised fella there is the Nasher and he's too high in the food-chain to bother about mere trifles like who's got the coolest toy.After all, he's got his own bagman/valet/flunkey/door-opener/rose-petal scatterer. After that, he could have a water pistol in his holster and still radiate coolness...
      regards
      GttC
      Your the Master of the understatement GttC

Comment

• nicely put GTTC ..

Comment

• For those who are concerned about these things. This photo was taken in Birao, Central African Republic.

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

• The sergeant is now the only one wearing his beret, he really should be taking his cues from the boss, who incidentally looks like he's taking that French lass for a dance.

Can't believe this thread got to 5 pages
            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• that photo looks like a spot the ball competition
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• kermit my friend if i was talking out of my hole,as you so eloquently put it,i would freely admit it.But i am not.I can see that i wont convince you and certain others here.Butask yourself this.How often have i and the other PDF lads here been wrong when we dig our heels in about something.I know a lad that carries out that role.I am sure if he had the time he would confirm what i am saying.Tell you what.If i am wrong and he confirms it i will buy you a pint next time i meet you.If not you have admit here that i was right .Hows that?:wink:
                Last edited by apod; 20 September 2008, 07:23. Reason: Persec.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• I'm not your friend. I am also not arguing that he isn't on CP duty..
                  Allright mate.

Why is our friend the MP wearing his beret in the above picture, when you said he wasn't wearing it in the first picture for the reasons that it may hinder his peripheral vision? I see he still has the blinkers on.
                  How the fcuk do i know!Maybe his fcuking head was cold!I have put forward logical reasons why he wasnt wearing it to start with based on what i know ans my experience.Choose to believe/disbelieve 'em if you want .I am sick of debating something which i know to be true with armchair generals here like you who have zero operational/overseas experience of any kind!
                  Im out.Fight it out amongst yourselves.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Handbag's (or hat's) at ten paces.....this has to be one of the most pointless and bickering for no reason thread's ever on IMO....
                    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

• I'm with Mutter Nutter on this. Please stop, this imbecilic arguing is making me want to harm myself.
                      There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARNGScout View Post
                        Please stop, this imbecilic arguing is making me want to harm myself.
                        Not yourself them. If it doesn't shut them up it will make you feel better
                        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

• "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                            But it's fun!
                            You really are a muppet!Get a life TROLL.
                            Last edited by apod; 22 September 2008, 18:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              YAY

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Something both sides can agree on to be counter-productive.(I hope )

Last edited by Fireplace; 23 September 2008, 17:55.
                                You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Working...
                                X