Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you need to tie one unless you lost one?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    The ferry to Bere island carrying a bunch of baggers doesnt count.

You know some of us have a life outside the RDF. Some of us even had one before, and Intend on having one after.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a bagger but never had to take the ferry to Bere Island.. given I had a life before I was a bagger, just some parts of the Df had their own boats..I used to drive one.

Monkeys fist lol.
    The idea being to weight a 'heaving line' for passing ashore. except some used to add extra weight.. a few bolts to make if heavier and give it longer range.

Who from the NS remembers 'Macker' and his unique method of passing a heaving line?

One particular Friday morning when the adjusted wight heaving line was passed and some poor guy on 'stand to' ( used to make up lines party) took 'Mackers' heaving line full force on the forehead.. hilarious.

Popeye had an unusual wethod of coming alongside at the oil wharf.. used to drive the ship straight into the wharf, removing several coats of paint' unconventional but effective.
    Time for another break I think......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    It looks very like an epaulette to me!

But an epaulette would mean that he would have had to modify his issued shirt........I wonder did he have permission from his CQ to do so? MP in illegal modification of issued kit shocker!

I err.....modified the original post, without any permission.......so sorry:wink:

Connaught Stranger

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny no stars View Post
    ok, so the only person in the photo without the headgear on is the MP. He's walking along without a beret on, with people citing his peripheral vision as an excuse, yet he has sunglasses on that WILL interfere with his peripheral vision. It doesn't add up properly. Can't wear beret (on head....) because it effects his vision but sunglasses that DEFINATELY interfere with peripheral vision are ok. If the sunglasses are ok, so is the beret.

Lets face it, it looks very poor to have him as the only one without headgear on. It doesn't reflect well.
    Actually, a French soldier who seems to be CP(admittedly bad carrier as well) for the French General also has no headgear.

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all looks a bit like a GQ combat fashion shoot to me.Everyone's trying to out-cool each other, with the gear getting Gucci-er by the second."My Oakleys are cooler than your 'Bans"...Oh, yeah, I've got a hand-stitched leather cover for my grenade launcher...beyond cool, dude! The least accessorised fella there is the Nasher and he's too high in the food-chain to bother about mere trifles like who's got the coolest toy.After all, he's got his own bagman/valet/flunkey/door-opener/rose-petal scatterer. After that, he could have a water pistol in his holster and still radiate coolness...
    regards
    GttC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    It all looks a bit like a GQ combat fashion shoot to me.Everyone's trying to out-cool each other, with the gear getting Gucci-er by the second."My Oakleys are cooler than your 'Bans"...Oh, yeah, I've got a hand-stitched leather cover for my grenade launcher...beyond cool, dude! The least accessorised fella there is the Nasher and he's too high in the food-chain to bother about mere trifles like who's got the coolest toy.After all, he's got his own bagman/valet/flunkey/door-opener/rose-petal scatterer. After that, he could have a water pistol in his holster and still radiate coolness...
    regards
    GttC
    Your the Master of the understatement GttC

Banned User
    Post Thanks / Like
    nicely put GTTC ..

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who are concerned about these things. This photo was taken in Birao, Central African Republic.

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Post Thanks / Like
    The sergeant is now the only one wearing his beret, he really should be taking his cues from the boss, who incidentally looks like he's taking that French lass for a dance.

Can't believe this thread got to 5 pages
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that photo looks like a spot the ball competition
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Post Thanks / Like
    kermit my friend if i was talking out of my hole,as you so eloquently put it,i would freely admit it.But i am not.I can see that i wont convince you and certain others here.Butask yourself this.How often have i and the other PDF lads here been wrong when we dig our heels in about something.I know a lad that carries out that role.I am sure if he had the time he would confirm what i am saying.Tell you what.If i am wrong and he confirms it i will buy you a pint next time i meet you.If not you have admit here that i was right .Hows that?:wink:
    Last edited by apod; 20th September 2008 at 07:23. Reason: Persec.
    Infantry Corps - An Lámh Comhrac

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not your friend. I am also not arguing that he isn't on CP duty..
    Allright mate.

Why is our friend the MP wearing his beret in the above picture, when you said he wasn't wearing it in the first picture for the reasons that it may hinder his peripheral vision? I see he still has the blinkers on.
    How the fcuk do i know!Maybe his fcuking head was cold!I have put forward logical reasons why he wasnt wearing it to start with based on what i know ans my experience.Choose to believe/disbelieve 'em if you want .I am sick of debating something which i know to be true with armchair generals here like you who have zero operational/overseas experience of any kind!
    Im out.Fight it out amongst yourselves.

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".

"Nice ass, Samson..." mutter nutter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Handbag's (or hat's) at ten paces.....this has to be one of the most pointless and bickering for no reason thread's ever on IMO....
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Mutter Nutter on this. Please stop, this imbecilic arguing is making me want to harm myself.
    There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARNGScout View Post
    Please stop, this imbecilic arguing is making me want to harm myself.
    Not yourself them. If it doesn't shut them up it will make you feel better
    Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    But it's fun!
    You really are a muppet!Get a life TROLL.
    Last edited by apod; 22nd September 2008 at 18:32.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    YAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Something both sides can agree on to be counter-productive.(I hope )

Last edited by Fireplace; 23rd September 2008 at 17:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm intrigued now; is that some USN/SEAL training OPfor or something ?

Post Thanks / Like
    In terms of a cat picture in context, that's your best one yet !!!
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm intrigued now; is that some USN/SEAL training OPfor or something ?
    He's a Macedonian -

A member of Macedonian Army Special Operations Regiment with a camouflage face paint stands guard as Commander of U.S. Naval Forces Europe and of Allied Joint Force Command Naples, U.S. Admiral Mark P. Fitzgerald, right, passes near during a medal award ceremony in Macedonia's capital Skopje, on Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2008. U.S. Admiral Fitzgerald awarded on Wednesday 61 soldier of the Special Operations Regiment of Macedonian Army, all participants in the Iraqi Freedom Operation.

Post Thanks / Like
    it was the USN officer in the background that had me puzzled.

Post Thanks / Like
    The camo still has me puzzled though...
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Thread Information