Munster Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munster Match

Just so that limerick shower wouldnt stroke the damn match ball!

Cutbax, what cutbax?
    regards
    GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
      Cutbax, what cutbax?
      regards
      GttC
      thanks Willie for the lend of the Chopper. top that Leinster!!!!
      I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt View Post
        top that Leinster!!!!
        We have a road infrastructure in place, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua View Post
          We have a road infrastructure in place, thank you.
          bu which you mean GIANT CARPARK ya. one RTA and the east shuts down!!!!!!
          I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

looked fantastic on the telly but on a serious note
            when the helicopter flies off after dropping troops by fast rope does it
            1) drop the rope and fly off without it
            2) just fly away with the rope dangling below
            3) winch the rope back in

Comment

drops the rope, im sure!

Comment

definitely drops, there's a video clip on youtube (which i can't find at present) which shows the rope being dropped.

EDIT: it's actually that one in the op, around the 1 min mark you can see it falling to the ground.
                Last edited by ackack; 20 November 2008, 18:50.
                Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

they used to deliver the ball from a Gazelle.think of the logistical effort and cost required to get that ball there.Personally,I'd have been more impressed if Moss Keane had thrown it in.
                  regards
                  GttC

Comment

Complete waste of taxpayers' hard earned cash, IMHO

And this is not a pop at Munster Rugby, before anyone starts.
                    Would have said the same for any other province or sporting code
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Air Corps Deliver Ball in Munster V's All Blacks game

Comment

so thats what the ARW do: deliver stuff

Comment

I dont agree that it was a waste of time or money. For one reason it was the offical opening of a fantastic stadium which deserves to be recognised. Secondly Limerick could do with a morale boost of any sort. Thirdly, The DF must maket their abilities to the general public to get rid of a public perception of out of date praticies. in a restricted economy as we have today the DF will have to fight for funding with a whole range of services so it does not harm to market itself when it can. in a previous post i mentionedthe british army sabre project where they raise funding from the private sector by running management programmes and charge large amounts of cash.

Dont forget that helicopter belongs to the public. i am not suggesting for one minute that the air corp drop in on every event in the country but once or twice a year, it does no harm to show the public what they are paying for. After all the Navy done a super job of marketing their role in the recent drug seizure and the appointment of the first female captain. the army markets their role in Chad well. Since the air corp lost the sar role the general public does not see what they do. The Silver Swallows are now extinct Why pay for helicopters that do something that nobody sees. i realise fully that certain operational aspects will never enter the public domain and rightly so but now and again showing that they are part of a greater community ie society as a whole.

several people (none pilots or DF) commented in work that the flying and fast roping display looked professional. So DF join the marketing era and sell yourselves. it may pay dividends in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by Duffer View Post
                            I dont agree that it was a waste of time or money. For one reason it was the offical opening of a fantastic stadium which deserves to be recognised. Secondly Limerick could do with a morale boost of any sort. Thirdly, The DF must maket their abilities to the general public to get rid of a public perception of out of date praticies. in a restricted economy as we have today the DF will have to fight for funding with a whole range of services so it does not harm to market itself when it can. in a previous post i mentionedthe british army sabre project where they raise funding from the private sector by running management programmes and charge large amounts of cash.

Dont forget that helicopter belongs to the public. i am not suggesting for one minute that the air corp drop in on every event in the country but once or twice a year, it does no harm to show the public what they are paying for. After all the Navy done a super job of marketing their role in the recent drug seizure and the appointment of the first female captain. the army markets their role in Chad well. Since the air corp lost the sar role the general public does not see what they do. The Silver Swallows are now extinct Why pay for helicopters that do something that nobody sees. i realise fully that certain operational aspects will never enter the public domain and rightly so but now and again showing that they are part of a greater community ie society as a whole.

several people (none pilots or DF) commented in work that the flying and fast roping display looked professional. So DF join the marketing era and sell yourselves. it may pay dividends in the long run

excellent post.

i agree, that its nice to see the DF in public and helping in the community and in a professional manner.

Comment

what a load of cock......

1 minute to get two lads on the ground, i saw the RAF put 40 T/A lads on the ground in the same time,
                              But there's no danger
                              It's a professional career
                              Though it could be arranged
                              With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                              If you're out of luck you're out of work
                              We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Working...
                              X