Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Irish people joining the BA?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mutter nutter View Post
    God willing I will have my Green beret this time next year:wink:

I didn`t know that you were joining the AGC.

Comment

This poll will close on 8th January 2010 at 11:19
      whats that about?
      Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Originally posted by VosperM1 View Post
        Something that pisses me off is to see Irish tricolours and shamrocks being carried on British Military vehicles.

Why should it piss you off.:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Darksaga View Post
          whats that about?
          It means that you have till the 8th Jan 2010 at 11:19 to cast your vote.

I think.

Comment

All the best with your new career. Serve with pride.

the_Bat

Comment

Im a newbie here and didn't want to start another poll on a topic thats probably been talked to death but I have to ask as it is sort of related to this thread topic, what do you all think about us northerners joining the RDF? Im asking because I am interested in it myself but coming from the north there is no one I know that has any experience with being in the defence force. If that wasn't enough im 29 yrs old aswell (yes 29) so is it going to be waste of time evening trying to join as I know most of the recruits are somewhat younger than myself? any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Micman View Post
                Im a newbie here and didn't want to start another poll on a topic thats probably been talked to death but I have to ask as it is sort of related to this thread topic, what do you all think about us northerners joining the RDF? Im asking because I am interested in it myself but coming from the north there is no one I know that has any experience with being in the defence force. If that wasn't enough im 29 yrs old aswell (yes 29) so is it going to be waste of time evening trying to join as I know most of the recruits are somewhat younger than myself? any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
                I know several. Problem is, where do you keep your unifrom....can't take it home and can't travel to training in it.

Comment

Not true hedgehog, you emit venom especially to newbies when they offer dissent.
                  Strictly speaking that is not true

I emit venom to new and old bies when they dissent from my thinking

so therefore if you dont want venom to be emittted then

simply agree with me

what could be simpler than that
                  Last edited by hedgehog; 15 January 2009, 10:16.
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Micman View Post

Join the TA

Comment

• Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
                      Join the TA

Not an option in my opinion, but thanks all the same. As I said im very interested in joining the RDF but i've had bother even getting an application form. Someone took my name and address but I never got it in the post, the other times I tried im told each time there is no one in the office who deals with applications. I was just wondering is every stage of my application going to be like this or have I just got off to a bad start??

Originally posted by Docman View Post
                      I know several. Problem is, where do you keep your unifrom....can't take it home and can't travel to training in it.
                      Does this mean I would have to travel to the barracks to lift my uniform before every training session no matter where the training is held?
                      Last edited by Micman; 15 January 2009, 12:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by Micman View Post
                        Does this mean I would have to travel to the barracks to lift my uniform before every training session no matter where the training is held?
                        You won't be allowed to store it in barracks. You will have to leave it with a mate on this side of the border

Comment

• You won't be allowed to store it in barracks. You will have to leave it with a mate on this side of the border
                          many PDF and RDF travell from the far side of the border in uniform with no problems. Stop making his stituation more problematic than it actually is.

Comment

• Originally posted by coffee View Post
                            many PDF and RDF travell from the far side of the border in uniform with no problems. Stop making his stituation more problematic than it actually is.
                            Shouldn't be - unless permission has been given

Paragraph 60 refers.........
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Micman View Post
                              Not an option in my opinion.

Why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
                                You won't be allowed to store it in barracks. You will have to leave it with a mate on this side of the border

Para 60 of the regs. says nothing of the sort. It says you cant WEAR the uniform. Not that its illegal to have one outside the state, thats just ridiculous.

Bring your uniform home, change into it when you get into the barracks. End of issue!

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
                                Why not.
                                I agree. Why not? Better pay, conditions and opportunities. Also the DF arent so keen on people from the wrong side of the border joining the RDF apparently. This was due to members of a certain organisation using the RDF to train their guys in shooting etc. There was several court cases and investigations etc.
                                Last edited by Turncoat; 15 January 2009, 17:20.
                                Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

Working...
                                X