My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greyfox View Post
    fair play mark keep up the good work , currently i am trying to get rid of 7 Chinese 6 steaks and a fiahita , 10 frys ,and 7 burgers ,and chips as well as about 30 pints of beer i feel your pain i need a holiday from a holiday :L
    Mmmm, yes, but everyone who knows you knows that you' re a fat barsteward !!!
    (look what's talking.... )
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• i take exception to your vulgar comments .im not fat im big boned and my addiction pies is a medical condition which needs understanding not scorn
      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• iv not done much this week iv had orders from the wife that the kitchen must be refitted before xmas but hoping to get out for a run tomorrow after work
        Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• I have somehow gotten my self roped into doin this.....

so i reckon i'll hit the gym fairly soon get the endurance up, then hit the saddle in the new year....
          Last edited by turbocalves; 29 October 2009, 14:46.
          But there's no danger
          It's a professional career
          Though it could be arranged
          With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
          If you're out of luck you're out of work
          We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

• any of ye guys recommend a good recovery drink. im trying to loose 9 kilo (curretnly 95kg, 181cm height) by december. being doing 2 sessions a day at the gym but shattered then during the day.
            I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

• What ever you do dont starve yourself and rely on these "wonder powders!"

Best thing is to get into a routine, keep the cal intake constant but cut down on the fatty foods. Plenty of fruit if your feeling hungry and LOADS of water.

Rather than two massive training sessions a week. Try and spread it out to 4-5 a week. After 1 week scuba diving recently I dropped almost 1.5kg. All just from some constant moderate physical work, and staying off the takeaways
              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• no i do all that ZULU (well, bar the scuba diving!!!)
                its a recovery drink / shake post exercise im after. the training i do is twice a day for 3 days then 2 days moderate exercise and 2 days rest.
                as for starving meself. hell no.
                I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

• Max benefit will come form eating under an hour after excercise, otherwise your body will begin to look for energy elsewhere - muscles etc.

Strength training will require more protein while endurance training will require replacement of burned calories.

You'll have to mix it to your needs.

I used high 5 - 4:1 before after training for Speed march, endurance stuff. Its 4 parts carbs to 1 part protein. A 500ml would give about 800 calories.
                  "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• alright lads, had the first of my from now on daily training runs. did 20 push ups and 30 crunches before i left, did a mile jog and then 20 more push ups and 30 more crunches. hope to do this daily from today on on top of ultimate frisbee training 3 days a week (for those of you who scoff at ultimate frisbee, honest to god, its a great work out, its sorta like Olympic handball crossed with basketball and frisbee, its all off the "ball" running like Olympic handball and non contact like basketball)
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Good start. Just keep it up. Remember to write al your training down! It will help no end if you feel as if you've done nothing.

Also, if your trying to loose weight. Take a picture of yourself after training. You look at yourself in the mirror every day and its easy not to notice the changes. If you feel as if your getting nowhere you can compare pictures from a few weeks apart. It will suprise you!

Comment

• On the writing things down:

Putting together possible teams for Commmando Speed March 2010.

Doing a check point fitness test every week to see who's putting in the effort.

Last week was the first - 11km in 61min in PT gear, no weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                          On the writing things down:

Putting together possible teams for Commmando Speed March 2010.

Doing a check point fitness test every week to see who's putting in the effort.

Last week was the first - 11km in 61min in PT gear, no weight.
                          i think our RDF unit is trying to do that this year so thats what im ultimately building up to, right now, im not near enough ready for it but hopefully, come this fitness test, ill be able!
                          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                          He put a bullet through his brain.
                          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                          The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• hi guys went to the gym monday and wed
                            2 km run
                            5 km bike
                            squats with weights
                            situps and crunchs
                            and pushups

today im off to play football with the lad from work

cant seem to get my head around the fact iv put on 2lbs in the last two weeks
                            i cant really lose weight every week so ill keep the faith and soldier on
                            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmark View Post
                              cant seem to get my head around the fact iv put on 2lbs in the last two weeks
                              i cant really lose weight every week so ill keep the faith and soldier on
                              Don't lose faith. The best way to check for results and body changes is to measure your waist. You'll probably find that you are toning up at the moment and getting fitter. And like you said, you lost 7kgs in 4 weeks, that is a hell of an impressive weight loss in a short space of time.

It might be useful to keep track of your body fat %. I have a feeling the 2 lb gain would be a gain in muscle mass.
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                                I have a feeling the 2 lb gain would be a gain in muscle mass.
                                Bingo!

Comment

Working...
                                X