No announcement yet.

My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good man S&S. For the month before the test park the 12k run, and focus on 4 - 7k runs, and every so often time yourself on a 3.2k route. Remember there are no hills on the test run. Do you know where you will be doing it, do you know the route? It's vital to know the route cause if you take a wrong turn you might be disqualified.

I did the IT's parts 1 & 2 last Sat - Age 45 (Shhhhh) did 31 pressups but only 27 counted as I didn't lock out the elbows - gave me Grade 3; did 32 situps for Grade 1, and ran 3.2k in 14.12 for grade 1. Overall Grade 2. Happy with that FOR NOW!!! I will do the 10k loaded in early-mid March.

Jog on

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
      I think it's Baldonnell where the ITs will be held. Any experience of running the 3.2km there?
      Never done it in the Don, but i'm sure there's some on here who may know the route.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
        One more question. The press ups for ITs, are they elbows in or out? In the BA we used to have to do elbows in, chest to the floor almost, but the press ups I've seen in the RDF tend to be more outwards, alternating between a 90 degrees bend and arms straight. Which should it be?
        There must be a straight line from elbow to elbow across shoulders in the down position, and the elbows must lock out in the up position. I'll dig out the screed for it and send it to you.

Comment

• "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Thanks concussion!

Comment

• The Don is a grand spot for a run.

The route is marked on the road itself, so you'll know how you're getting on as you pass the km marks. It's dead flat as well so no excuses for anything over 14 minutes

Comment

• Sweet that's good to know HA. I'd be aiming for 13:30 now, but I'll see how I get on.

Comment

• Might as well put this up, attempted the 3.2km run on the treadmill at work, result: 14:30, (barely) Grade 3.
                  Not entirely surprised, as it was my first time trying it on the treadmill, next time I'll start off much, much faster. There is defo a grade 2 in me (There was before! ) and I'm feeling much fitter this year.

Put in a 0.5% incline as I read somewhere that compensates for the lack of work done on the treadmill over a standard run?

Doing mostly interval training/ cardio at the moment with an eye to the orienteering league and championships. I intensely dislike the cross trainer...
                  Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

• I had the pleasure of a conditioning session in Informed Performance today.

Will Heffernan is a genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Of None View Post
                      I intensely dislike the cross trainer...
                      Up until this week I'd agree, I found it was very uncomfortable around the hips.

This week I've started doing 15 minutes on the stepper as a warm up, then weights, then cross trainer.

Maybe I've just got used to it but the stepper seems to have made it a lot better
                      Last edited by DeV; 2 March 2011, 17:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                        Will Heffernan is a genius.
                        Did you come to that conclusion, or did will just tell you enough times that you started to believe him!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Napp View Post
                          Did you come to that conclusion, or did will just tell you enough times that you started to believe him!?
                          He actually didn't say it, he just cursed a lot.

I drew the conclusion based on the people training over in IP and the results they've gotten since training there. While obviously not a genius, he's quite good at what he does.

In other news, had a strength session in IP today and then training with my GAA club tonight.

I look forward to being sore tomorrow

Comment

• It's a solid gym. Yous' get put through some tough conditioning sessions by the way!

I think my days are numbered in IP 'cause of a back injury I got about 4 weeks ago, can't risk aggravating it before Caterick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Napp View Post
                              It's a solid gym. Yous' get put through some tough conditioning sessions by the way!

I think my days are numbered in IP 'cause of a back injury I got about 4 weeks ago, can't risk aggravating it before Caterick!
                              Didn't realise you were in IP?

I thought you were in England

Comment

• Yeah, I've been there for the guts of a year. As I said, haven't been down too much lately, but that's gonna change - all or nothing, depending on this ****er of an erector spinae. My start date can't come soon enough.
                                Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 4 March 2011, 20:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X