My Fitness Logs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks awesome Zulu.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• nearly there. Another 3 hrs gone in. Still need to drill skids and weld feet and legs to base. Weld push bar and grind. Send to paint
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ZULU; 1 May 2010, 21:29.
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Wow, 'tis certainly coming along nicely. I'm feeling the aching legs already

Comment

• wicklow way, Djouce to Roundwood on Saturday, good leg stretcher
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Prowlers

They're done. One black - one white.

Pics tomorrow.

On a thread related note, doing an hour of training with a damaged toe is surprisingly easy to do, due to the adrenaline released by the pain!
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Whoah finished already. That was very fast indeed.
              Are you planning on using one for yourself...?

Comment

• made myself an outdoor chinning bar and punch bag holder , used 30mm box iron couple bolts and a few bags of cement , happy enough with it cost about 30 quid all in ,
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• F*ck me that was a tough session tonight

17 station circuits - 50sec on 10 sec off.

2 x half laps with 2 x 15m hill sprints

Cardio circuit x 4
                  = Burpees x 10
                  = Cycle twists x 30
                  = I surrenders 2 x 10kg x 10
                  = 4 x 30m sprints
                  10 sec rest

2 x half laps with 2 x 15m hill sprints

17 station circuit - 40 sec on 10 sec off

core stability work (bridge/side bridge)

Stretch

Collapse

Comment

• my unit went on another hike this weekend up galtymore them over to galtybeg and from there to cush it was some clime i felt every bit of it i didnt have the legs for going up cush thought
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by madmark; 17 May 2010, 23:14.
                    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmark View Post
                      my unit went on another hike this weekend up galtymore them over to galtybeg and from there to cush it was some clime i felt every bit of it i didnt have the legs for going up cush thought
                      Jaysus, your unit is getting smaller by the week....
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Due to a weekend of heavy drinking, no sleep and hardly any food, a 10AM gym session yesterday morning was a disaster. I barely got through my warm-up sets for my squats, I decided not to even try my work-sets. Since I hit a personal milestone in my squat last friday I was willing to skip my squat session just this once and moved on to my standing shoulder presses(which I attained my target in). However after that I was wiped and had to call it a day...
                        Moral of the story: don't drink heavily all weekend and expect to fly through a high-volume weights session.
                        Ah well, at least I have an excuse to dig into pizza and ice cream and all sorts of calorie laden food tonight as I'm doing long shifts at work at the mo' and I have a front squat followed by bench press followed by deadlift followed by dips followed by ancillary work day tomorrow

Comment

• Well, the training is paying off. We'll see how well towards the end of the year.

Milestone was recent fitness test. Grade 1 in all.

54 push ups in 1 min
                          51 situps in 1 min
                          3.2km in 12min 03sec

I did part 2 with a little more weight than was needed. It gave a good practice at telling my mind to shut up and get on with it!

10km (nice warm 18-20 *C) in 83min - consisted of 2 and half laps of kilworth sawmills roads.

All done with CEFO (11 kg) and Rucksack (26kg)

Had a few blisters on the feet but nothing that some compeed and strapping cant handle. Must look into some better socks. Bridgedale dont seem to be great. Might try the whole soapy socks thing next time.

The small first aid kit contents given to me by a friend is being a good investment to say the least. Simple yet quality stuff makes all the difference.
                          Last edited by ZULU; 21 May 2010, 11:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                            54 push ups in 1 min
                            51 situps in 1 min
                            3.2km in 12min 03sec
                            Wow, congrats, that's very impressive \
                            I could never get my run under the 13 min mark frustratingly. Only thing that stopped me getting a G1 all round darn-it...

Comment

• Zulu, did ya get on to that lad in the end?

Comment

• Well.

Just volunteered to sub into a team from our unit for the Cork City Marathon.

5 miles should be a breeze compared to the 37kg 10k i did a few weeks ago!

Got to admit I haven't been running alot lately. I'll be aiming for sub 45min

Comment

Working...
                                X