The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    Nor is their anything there(or in A9) about a change to the way the collar badges on the SD's are to be worn,despite the SNCO's telling us that the regs were changed four months ago.
    What have they changed?
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      Cultaca flashes are going on SD1 on the left in a lot of places ( yes , as per regs ). Nobody putting them on DPM yet AFAIK
      More arse........we now have people who issue instruction who don't know how to dress themselves.

Its not a mistake now J1 has circled wagons and strongly defending his position.
      needs a lesson in military heraldry..fcuking clown....

IMHO it's not a prob with the SD's/greatcoat RE the left shoulder.
      Might not be a problem, but that dosen't make it right....
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
        Nothing on IKON. Nor is their anything there(or in A9) about a change to the way the collar badges on the SD's are to be worn,despite the SNCO's telling us that the regs were changed four months ago.
        Is this part of the fallout from the Easter rehearsal? I read the AAR and it seems they are trying to clamp down on the NS fashion for beards too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
          Is this part of the fallout from the Easter rehearsal? I read the AAR and it seems they are trying to clamp down on the NS fashion for beards too.
          Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, as I am green, not blue, but I though the regs only permitted the wearing of beards by Naval personnel when serving afloat. I think it's a legacy tradition from the times when it was considered wasteful of valuable water to be shaving when at sea?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Maybe they will "float" down O'Connell street then

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              Maybe they will "float" down O'Connell street then
              Stranger thiings have happened....
              Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
              Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                Maybe they will "float" down O'Connell street then
                they could float up the Liffey. Park up at Libery Hall.

It would be a little bit of irony to have Samuel Beckett on the river a hundred years after Helga.

Maybe showing the pride of an independent nation, where the Rising led to, etc.
                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, as I am green, not blue, but I though the regs only permitted the wearing of beards by Naval personnel when serving afloat. I think it's a legacy tradition from the times when it was considered wasteful of valuable water to be shaving when at sea?
                  Beards were only 'legalized' when the Peacocks came into service...every where you turn someone has one now..even some of the women, almost like a fashion accessory...and I would reckon I could even name the individual who started it all.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                    Beards were only 'legalized' when the Peacocks came into service...every where you turn someone has one now..even some of the women, almost like a fashion accessory...and I would reckon I could even name the individual who started it all.
                    Just to clear something for people who have left the navy along time and whose service was also very short.

any sailor currently serving with a beard has one because they are medically excused shaving by the medical officer.

it is an extremely rare thing for a ships commanding officer to grant none shaving to grow a beard but from time to time movember etc is permitted to raise charitable funds etc.

draw what ever you want from the current amount of medically excused people and the trend at this point in time.

and leave out the sh1t about the women as well, there were none during your 3 years of service and most current women have more sea time on the launch than you had in the navy.

your comment is not appropriate or appricated.

Comment

• So audiograms eh?
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        So audiograms eh?
                        as Manuel would say "Qué?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                          as Manuel would say "Qué?"
                          No ranges for anyone due to lack of audiograms, hence no courses until the situation is un****ed.
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Who didnt see that coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                              No ranges for anyone due to lack of audiograms, hence no courses until the situation is un****ed.
                              Good job my medical is good until April and I fired last week....
                              Well the rifle anyway
                              When did that particular rabbit get pulled out of the hat??? 😨
                              Ref audiograms, if you were graded H1, you are not liable again for 3 years
                              So the medic told me anyway...
                              Last edited by Truck Driver; 28 January 2016, 00:08.
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                                Just to clear something for people who have left the navy along time and whose service was also very short.

any sailor currently serving with a beard has one because they are medically excused shaving by the medical officer.

it is an extremely rare thing for a ships commanding officer to grant none shaving to grow a beard but from time to time movember etc is permitted to raise charitable funds etc.

draw what ever you want from the current amount of medically excused people and the trend at this point in time.

and leave out the sh1t about the women as well, there were none during your 3 years of service and most current women have more sea time on the launch than you had in the navy.

your comment is not appropriate or appricated.
                                Ouch.
                                There must be some sort of dermatological epidemic so. Movember facial hair should be gone by December 1st. It is now January, almost February, yet judging by the photos from the Civic Reception in Cork earlier this week, the majority of the NS now sport well trimmed, well groomed, even manscaped facial hair. And none of these are Peacock crew.
                                Play the ball, not the man.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X