The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
    Just to clear something for people who have left the navy along time and whose service was also very short.

any sailor currently serving with a beard has one because they are medically excused shaving by the medical officer.

it is an extremely rare thing for a ships commanding officer to grant none shaving to grow a beard but from time to time movember etc is permitted to raise charitable funds etc.

draw what ever you want from the current amount of medically excused people and the trend at this point in time.

and leave out the sh1t about the women as well, there were none during your 3 years of service and most current women have more sea time on the launch than you had in the navy.

your comment is not appropriate or appricated.
    Its factual, up to the time of the peacocks, there was one individual in the NS who was allowed a beard.

I know who raised the growing of beards and why.

The rest was intended to be humourous.

So glad not to be a member of the Naval Service seeing as the PC brigade have taken over and humour , however black has left the service.

As for my service, get back to the back of the queue, many have had a go before you, no doubt many will in the future. My service is just that,mine, none of your fcking business.

By the time I had finished with the AR in 2009 I had a total of 21 years served between the NS and the AR....despite the best efforts to offload me .
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 28 January 2016, 21:59.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
      No ranges for anyone due to lack of audiograms, hence no courses until the situation is un****ed.
      Again death by stealth, make it impossible for people to meet the basic criteria and then shut them down as a result.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Long past time for serious, simple questions. First to the army, do you want a reserve and what should it be for and capable of? Then to the department: do you agree and can it be legislated for? Because right now nobody seems to have the interest to fix it or the gumption to scrap it.
        Last edited by expat01; 29 January 2016, 05:46.

Comment

• TBH I think that DFHQ wants a Reserve but they don't understand the implications of their decisions.

It is a Single Force Concept, which makes sense but often doesn't.

Eg how is the AF14C in line with the SFC? It is anything but!
          However, it does address a serious issue for both the RDF and the Central Medical Unit.
          However, it can't work due to the way it has been implemented

Comment

• I fact it is even more FUBAR than that:

The GP medical (AF14C) was brought in to replace the self certification that you have no medical issues before full time training (AF14B).

However, the Central Medical Unit then cancelled all the RDF medicals (as they having major issues completing them. But every reservist was supposed to do one as part of the unenforced KPIs, they needed one to do the fitness test, they needed one if they wanted to do a course, extend service for some etc.

Thrn the IT system can't record it and some refuse to recognise it

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
              TBH I think that DFHQ wants a Reserve but they don't understand the implications of their decisions.

It is a Single Force Concept, which makes sense but often doesn't.

Eg how is the AF14C in line with the SFC? It is anything but!
              However, it does address a serious issue for both the RDF and the Central Medical Unit.

However, it can't work due to the way it has been implemented
              But again, I'm not sure why they want a reserve, given non deployment ans the size of the RDF.
              It would make more sense, at least from what I can see now and particularly given the numbers remaining in the RDF, to scrap it as it stands and raise the PDF establishment by 1000. Or even 500.

Comment

• Scrap that last, I've looked up the official numbers and a well trained reserve of 4000 or so is actually a very useful surge capability for the DF.

Comment

• CMU dragging their heels on medicals will this year start to run the force severely into the ground.

Without the foundational stuff like a valid IT you can't do a Pajero course, without a medical and a Grade III IT you can't do the Pots course ( by far the most needed course in the RDF )

The window for getting these is tight enough and may cause huge problems for everyone.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    CMU dragging their heels on medicals will this year start to run the force severely into the ground.

Without the foundational stuff like a valid IT you can't do a Pajero course, without a medical and a Grade III IT you can't do the Pots course ( by far the most needed course in the RDF )

The window for getting these is tight enough and may cause huge problems for everyone.
                    Time for RDFRA to start kicking up fcuk
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      Time for RDFRA to start kicking up fcuk
                      If they do then how seriously do you think the people that need to listen will take them?
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• The ranges in 1 major location for PWTs are closed as well.

Comment

The ranges in 1 major location for PWTs are closed as well.
                          Where? PM please...
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Fired my ARP this Weekend, no dramas at all.

Comment

The ranges in 1 major location for PWTs are closed as well.
                              Got that, cheers
                              Empty the junk out of your Inbox, though, it's batting back any further messages

Comment

• Jesus, for an aspiring Reserve myself (20 year old) all this chat about the birds and the bee's is gas ( and frightening )
                                It can't be all backwards i hope?

Comment

Working...
                                X