• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDFRA tweeting about this now lol
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• In other words no one commissioned after 1 Oct 2020 can be promoted to Captain (not even fixed term)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        In other words no one commissioned after 1 Oct 2020 can be promoted to Captain (not even fixed term)
        Yes they can. Its covered. What RDFRA wants, is to allow the minister to promote without interview. The minister can promote anyone he wants, the regulations give him that gift. And it also gives him the authority to commission anyone. But they are reserved for exceptional reasons.

Comment

• We still carry a lot of non effective officers, who are holding up alot of promotions. DRES tried to get them off the books a few years back but I dont think it worked.

Comment

• I think trelhiem is correct. Someone has their knickers in a twist over a promotion but where, I have not seen one since last year and I think they were post 2005.

Comment

• I just looked over RDFRA FB page and the last AR promotions were to cpl in 1BDE during Nov 19. However there have been multiple promotions of officers, a commissioning and various NCOs in the NSR??? And that's all during a pandemic and they have a lack of personal!!!
              Last edited by batterysgt; 13 November 2020, 19:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                I just looked over RDFRA FB page and the last AR promotions were to cpl in 1BDE during Nov 19. However there have been multiple promotions of officers, a commissioning and various NCOs in the NSR??? And that's all during a pandemic and they have a lack of personal!!!
                There were promotions to Sgt in 2 Bde this year, think the last 1 Bde promotions to Sgt were last year

Comment

• There was at least one sgt promotion in 1 bde from my sub unit

Comment

• I know there was promotions but you wouldn't think looking at rdfra page. Reserve pr is poor.

Comment

I know there was promotions but you wouldn't think looking at rdfra page. Reserve pr is poor.
                      Did they send them pics?

Comment

• Obviously not!

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          pqs for answer today lol

someone's got the hump obviously.

fyi 31 (1) just says the minister can promote officers so it looks like they got the para wrong.,

( sorry linky https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireac...r-thurs_en.pdf)
                          The question is, why are those questions being asked?

Comment

• There was a captain promoted commandant only last week

there was a bunch of cpls promoted Sgt in 2 Bde this summer

As for why these questions are being asked, like I said someone's not happy.
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

We still carry a lot of non effective officers, who are holding up alot of promotions. DRES tried to get them off the books a few years back but I dont think it worked.
                              I know several who tried to get out and their paperwork was "lost" or excuses made multiple times. It was made clear to one that he was wasting his time trying to get out and that they were worried about the optics of the collapse in RDF numbers.
                              Last edited by Poiuyt; 14 November 2020, 21:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post
                                I know several who tried to get out and their paperwork was "lost" or excuses made multiple times. It was made clear to one that he was wasting his time trying to get out and that they were worried about the optics of the collapse in RDF numbers.
                                Over the last few years the DF has been trying to get non attendees to resign their commissions

Comment

Working...
                                X