The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
    Part of me wants to agree with you but then there are KPIs. What hobby says if you dont perform then you are not allowed participate?
    Introducing KPIs while removing the performance incentive payment (gratuity) and not addressing any issues regarding poor retention meant that meeting KPIs would be like gouging the eyes out of a cripple trying to play rugby alongside the All Blacks and expecting him to score a try against the Springboks with no handicap.

KPIs are merely a stick to beat us with. I doubt the average Reservist cares about their individual KPIs.

Such an old arguement which never holds up.
    IF it were true then there wouldn't be a single member of the RDF. Yet there are a couple of thousand.
    Yes if you made it a parttime job I am sure you would get more lads in.
    The ones in now, generally, love what they do and give it as much as they can because they can.
    Turn it into a part time job and you will get the lads that need the money.
    The lads that will be looking for the overtime rate.
    The college lads that needs the drinking money but will does as little as possible.
    Yes the die hards will remain but would the reserve be a better place?
    You may as well replace the words "die hard" with "hobbyist". Those who want to be there for the fun of it, will be there, those who want to be paid will be there too. I generally don't care why people come to train, as long as they're there. Not having bodies hampers collective training, which affects our effectiveness as a unit.

What remuneration does is aid the regulation of the RDF; you're more likely to be held to account if you're not performing while being paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by madden View Post
      Medicals done by the DF are for the eyesof the DF only. An employer will notget access to them no matter what permissions you sign. So employer, who need to, must do their own seperate medicals for their employees.
      Does not FOI apply.

Comment

• Except the doctor in our place isn't paid by medical he gets a daily rate

Comment

Firstly you are entitled to see and take a copy of any written medical record that is made about you.
          I found this out at the VHI clinic. They gave me a disc with x-rays and doctors report. I was surprised and asked the doc why was I getting it. He told me that it was a legal obligation. If some thing happens later you must be in a position to inform your doctor about your recent medical history.
          I can see no reason why the DF, who employs loads of civvi doctors and agency nurses would thik they are outside the law.

Secondly the medical professional freely share info. I know as Bricinc has a letter from the VHI consultant which is in addition to the information on the disc. Do you really think that this information is not a two way thing?
          There is no legal obligation for an doctor to give you medical records automatically. You can ask for them and they will give them to you, but they do not have to give them automatically if you don't ask for them.

They are obliged to discuss them with you and point out anything that is of concern. Doctors do NOT freely share info with one another except in certain circumstances - it is illegal to do so. With your permission is another matter however.

The DF does not operate outside the law - they operate within it, but when you are filling in your medical history form each year, you also sign several permissions etc. The DF is NOT obliged to share info with civilian doctors but may choose to in certain circumstances with your permission.

Date Protection does apply, as does FOI - you can get copies of your medical records but will usually have to follow the FOI procedure.

Comment

• FOI only applies to material held by agencies of the state. GPs would only supply records on foot of a suponea from a court. FOI doesn't automatially mean anyone can access anothers records. There must be just cause for access and it can be refused.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• I am not saying any thing about FOI.

Have you not noticed that you are asked who your doctor is?

I completed my medical. Bricins contacted my Doctor and got further information. Hence they have the VHI info. That's a fact.

I can only assume that somewhere in all the paperwork there is a bit where we give them permission.

Also I spent a few days in hospital last year. My doctor had full details when I next visited him.
              So IF doctors don't share info and info is only given to a court on foot of a court order how did this info get to where it is?

Say what you like. I still believe that Doctors share info, maybe not everything but if it is in your best interests then they do so rightly.

Comment

• The hospital will normally send your GP a letter saying what treatment was given/to give

The newer booklet type med form (AF14?) asks about your GP. It does make a statement as well can't remember what it says.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  The hospital will normally send your GP a letter saying what treatment was given/to give

The newer booklet type med form (AF14?) asks about your GP. It does make a statement as well can't remember what it says.
                  AF726 - medical questionnaire
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Also I spent a few days in hospital last year. My doctor had full details when I next visited him.
                    So IF doctors don't share info and info is only given to a court on foot of a court order how did this info get to where it is?
                    Your info will only be shared between your consultant and your GP.But you can request that it isn't and in that case it isn't accessible.

It can't be accessed by anyone else even with FOI.

In the case of the DF by consenting to the medical you give them permission to check your medical records, same as a garda clearance.You offer the information thus giving them the right to check it out.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• I think in different ways it is clear that Doctors share info.
                      The fact that DF wont share basic medical info is not relevant. Unless of course they found something seriously wrong. In which case you should know about it first.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Reword slightly and you have most competitive sports.
                      Up at ultra competitive level yes if you don't participate/ train then you can't compete but all sports have their "fat boy" sunday divisions.

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                      Those who want to be there for the fun of it, will be there, those who want to be paid will be there too...............
                      What remuneration does is aid the regulation of the RDF; you're more likely to be held to account if you're not performing while being paid.
                      So where in this do you stand?
                      What regulates your interest?

Comment

So where in this do you stand?
                        What regulates your interest?
                        My work and family commitments regulate my interests in the RDF. I serve because I enjoy it, and do so whenever I can in my free time. It's when my time isn't free that it's a big problem. So because of that and the shit T&Cs of service, the RDF ranks low in my priorities. Which is why they can ram it if they think they'll get any more out of me than I'm already prepared to give.

Comment

• Question : When did Uniform Allowance become taxable ? How the fk did that happen ?

Now really losing money on RDF service. It does not even make costs right now
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Question : When did Uniform Allowance become taxable ? How the fk did that happen ?

Isn't it only paid based on receipts?

Pay Clerk/Adjt/Renmore would be the best bet

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              Question : When did Uniform Allowance become taxable ? How the fk did that happen ?

Something the good folks at RACO/PDFORRA no doubt slotted in along with the pay cuts for the RDF at the last budget...
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Would it not be a revenue decision trell? They'd just direct DOD to tax it at source?
                                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X