• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gratuity is in R5
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Quick question now that A9 has been amended for new head dress (rdf) does it mean that we have to wear it from now. Theres a bit of an issue at my bn that the CO hasnt given permission yet. Not all personell have been issued yet

Comment

• Does the CO have to give permission when its an instruction from HQ?
        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• You can't wear it if you haven't been issued it.Those who can must.
          When you do get issued it.You must.
          CO's permission is BS.In fact the onus is now on him to ensure everyone complies with the new regulation by ensuring everyone receives one.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Cheers Apod.

Comment

• In my own unit (rumour has it that) the Bn CO does not want us wearing the new lid until ALL members have been issued them.
              Thats the only reason. makes sense that CO doesn't want a mishmash of blacks and olives turning up on parade.
              Last edited by morpheus; 31 August 2015, 15:12.
              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                In my own unit the Bn CO does not want us wearing the new lid until ALL members have been issued them.
                Thats the only reason. makes sense that CO doesn't want a mishmash of blacks and olives turning up on parade.
                He's outranked by DCOS

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                  In my own unit the Bn CO does not want us wearing the new lid until ALL members have been issued them.
                  Then he should get his finger out to make sure all are issued with the Beret. It has been in regulations for months and they are in stores, so what is the reason for the delay?

Comment

• Jeez, don't tell me the FCA are going to get black berets now!! Bring back the bum freezer tunics. Never any doubt who was who then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smithy View Post
                      Jeez, don't tell me the FCA are going to get black berets now!! Bring back the bum freezer tunics. Never any doubt who was who then.
                      *Throatpunch*
                      FCA thankfully is dead and gone
                      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Does being called by the old name really bother you?? Has the organization changed much??

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                          Does being called by the old name really bother you?? Has the organization changed much??
                          You are absolutely right sure what is the difference LDF/FCA/RDF/Maritime Inscription/Slua Muri/NSR/Free State Army/PDF sure its all the same isn't it?

Comment

• Its not all the same but does a name change make a difference? And why does the old one offend

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                              Its not all the same but does a name change make a difference? And why does the old one offend
                              Probably because it isn't the one people are in! If you were in 5th Bn and people kept thinking you were in 4th. Sure it's all the one Army.
                              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Well it is all the Defence Forces. I done more operational taskings with the PDF in the FCA than ever I have done in the RDF.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X