The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plan being proposed by the brass is quite literally pants on head

If what I am hearing is correct, this is going back to the worst days of the old FCA with sub units taking the lead in training instead of a centralised system which a lot of people have been crying out for.
    Last edited by ODIN; 13 February 2014, 11:03.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Invalid attachment
      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
        If what I am hearing is correct, this is going back to the worst days of the old FCA with sub units taking the lead in training instead of a centralised system which a lot of people have been crying out for.
        Oh dear...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
          Heres a prediction

there will be a rake of RDF Units wadied this year-

however the Unit with the CO who has the imagination to say fkuc the 81 and stick the Javelin up your arse

I am going to train my lads on how to out engineer the engineers will survive.

The CO should have the imagination, ambition and balls to train his troops in the use of RIBS- Canoes- Rowboats etc

his Unit should be able to build anti flood fortifications at a world beating level,

if his troops know how to use snow ploughs- search for lost kids- and do all the stuff that is needed when there is an emergency

along with the normal weapony type stuff (that will never be used)

then that Unit will survive and maybe even expanded.

There are 6 billion and 12 reasons why this wouldnt work and 3 billion and 2 start with- hasnt been done before

3 billion and 4 start with - we wont be allowed-etc etc

and 3 reasons beginging with my CO is a baldy headed twat of a God botherer whose tac aide says - breathe in- breathe out and blink your eyes.

From post 1968, 03 Jan 2012.

Would 4 Bn be still in place if something like this had happened?
          Last edited by hedgehog; 16 February 2014, 11:32.
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Oddly, those pictured in Cork recently, 1 Cav have a long history of providing relief, in their former location. It wasn't 4bn DROPS trucks I saw delivering IBCs of drinking water around the city during the last big floods in Cork.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              It wasn't 4bn DROPS trucks I saw delivering IBCs of drinking water around the city during the last big floods in Cork.
              Wouldn't have been 1 Cav either...
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Would 4 Bn be still in place if something like this had happened?

I don't think so, I think the adjustments in numbers in the army highlighted how thinly populated some Battalions were and with the two brigade structure losing battalions was the simplest option, however the choice of losing the 4th Bn vs losing the 12th was a very political one .The loss of 12th would have meant the closure of Limerick, I reckon that was the only deciding factor in it.

I'm still of the opinion that retaining 1 Cav in Cork is a waste of time given the majority of equipment used by the Cav is based in the Curragh.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• 2 Cav is in CBB

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    2 Cav is in CBB
                    And?
                    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• They aren't in the Curragh either

Comment

They aren't in the Curragh either
                        They don't need to be. They have a reason for remaining in Dublin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          Wouldn't have been 1 Cav either...
                          Never said it was.

Comment

• Unit locations
                            The Defence Forces Information Office deals with general queries about the Defence Forces. If you have any questions about joining the Defence Forces, or the application process, please email recruitment@defenceforces.ie For general queries please email info@military.ie or call 045-445306.

Comment

I think Goldie is referring to 2 Cavs ceremonial status as being the reason for them renaming in Dubin, ie, remaining close to the Phoenix Park, the Aras and the president. Hope that's a clear enough explanation.
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                They don't need to be. They have a reason for remaining in Dublin.
                                Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                                I think Goldie is referring to 2 Cavs ceremonial status as being the reason for them renaming in Dubin, ie, remaining close to the Phoenix Park, the Aras and the president. Hope that's a clear enough explanation.
                                I know that but they also use armour (same as 1 Cav).

In fact, I just posted that link because I taught it was interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X