The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    Meh the current panel has exceeded all number expectations so its going to be very interesting to get them into the training regime
    What are the numbers for AR overall and I agree the NSR would have lower numbers when compared to a Brigade, so would be easier to manage and get through

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
      A smaller panel of candidates helps too of course.

If you only have to admin 30 applicants vs 300
      You would have 10 times the number of people to run and administer your recruits.

Comment

• But the more reserve friendly, quicker turn around, responsive and co-ordinated approach you have to Candidate admin and processing that you have the more attestations you’ll have .... and if carried on professionally in that manner the more new 2*’s (and equivalents)

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
          BZ to the staff at LUNSR.

Great to see some movement on the recruitment front. The recruitment was performed very efficiently with good assistance from the PDF from my vantage point.

Recruits were kept at arms length last year so great to see a positive change this year. A chink of light.
          Auldsod, I'm new to the site, held off for a few years, but monitored it since reorg. Earlier this year RDFRA briefed the dail O.C. on defence that they could do it in 9 weeks on a voluntary capacity and NSR could do it in 8 weeks.Our unit is a bit off that! You said recruits were kept at arms lenght, What did your unit do to change that this year, can you explain it here?

Comment

• I heard DFTC is almost ready to start attesting and that it's mostly due to hard work of AR staff anyone have info on how they have done it. PM me. I can't figure out how NSR and one AR Unit have managed to do it so quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
              Auldsod, I'm new to the site, held off for a few years, but monitored it since reorg. Earlier this year RDFRA briefed the dail O.C. on defence that they could do it in 9 weeks on a voluntary capacity and NSR could do it in 8 weeks.Our unit is a bit off that! You said recruits were kept at arms lenght, What did your unit do to change that this year, can you explain it here?
              Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
              I heard DFTC is almost ready to start attesting and that it's mostly due to hard work of AR staff anyone have info on how they have done it. PM me. I can't figure out how NSR and one AR Unit have managed to do it so quickly.
              I’m not involved in the process at any location (I was in the previous intake).

It involves prior planning, putting RDF personnel in place to assist Bde Manpower, anticipation & planning in advance (something the RDF generally is absolutely terrible at), engagement in advance with both potential recruits & all the other elements required.

So for example (I’m taking an Semi-educated guess here), you know when the closing date is so interview boards are prepared and trained prior to that, you get in touch with the Gym staff.

You plan dates for interviews and PT test (same weekend) and you plan that to happen within days/weeks of the end of the application window (which means planning is probably 2 months before that).

You have someone who has access to Candidate Manager, has a DF email and has the GDPR training etc to work with Bde Manpower to take some pressure of them. And that of course should be done 1/2 months prior to the end of the competition.

Within days of the end of the competition, they should be getting in touch.
              Last edited by DeV; 18 June 2019, 10:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                I’m not involved in the process at any location (I was in the previous intake).

It involves prior planning, putting RDF personnel in place to assist Bde Manpower, anticipation & planning in advance (something the RDF generally is absolutely terrible at), engagement in advance with both potential recruits & all the other elements required.

So for example (I’m taking an Semi-educated guess here), you know when the closing date is so interview boards are prepared and trained prior to that, you get in touch with the Gym staff.

You plan dates for interviews and PT test (same weekend) and you plan that to happen within days/weeks of the end of the application window (which means planning is probably 2 months before that).

You have someone who has access to Candidate Manager, has a DF email and has the GDPR training etc to work with Bde Manpower to take some pressure of them. And that of course should be done 1/2 months prior to the end of the competition.

Within days of the end of the competition, they should be getting in touch.
                Thanks and it seems like formations should be doing this and I agree with all you said except "planning in advance (something the RDF generally is absolutely terrible at)", I know RDF who are very good at it but are never given the chance. Thanks again

Comment

Thanks and it seems like formations should be doing this and I agree with all you said except "planning in advance (something the RDF generally is absolutely terrible at)", I know RDF who are very good at it but are never given the chance. Thanks again
                  Don’t get me wrong there are some, a minority, who are very good at anticipation, planning, getting buy in and estimates. Generally it isn’t something that most are good at.

You can do it in your sphere of influence and support from higher/supporting elements isn’t always forthcoming.

Anticipation is a key element of an officer or NCO, when they see or hear of something coming up they need to be proactive.

Well done to the NSR who attested another 5 tonight, training commenced in the first week of next month.
                  Last edited by DeV; 19 June 2019, 00:45.

Comment

I heard DFTC is almost ready to start attesting and that it's mostly due to hard work of AR staff anyone have info on how they have done it. PM me. I can't figure out how NSR and one AR Unit have managed to do it so quickly.
                    As I heard mentioned recently, all the admin functions required to get the signatures through are in the one location - that certainly helps. Means those in the recruitment loop can virtually "walk" the paperwork through the process, as against, for example, recruits to 28 Inf Bn, where the paperwork has to go down to Bde HQ in Dublin and back again, etc. This, and the hard work of personnel on the ground manning recruitment stands out in the public domain, personnel volunteering their time to get the wheels moving in the background, etc
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      As I heard mentioned recently, all the admin functions required to get the signatures through are in the one location - that certainly helps. Means those in the recruitment loop can virtually "walk" the paperwork through the process, as against, for example, recruits to 28 Inf Bn, where the paperwork has to go down to Bde HQ in Dublin and back again, etc. This, and the hard work of personnel on the ground manning recruitment stands out in the public domain, personnel volunteering their time to get the wheels moving in the background, etc
                      There would be a vehicle going down at least weekly if not daily.

Of course this can be minimised by having the completion of the s/clearance documents, interviews and PT test on 1 day or over a weekend.

Comment

• DUNSR got another 5 last night

Comment

• Looking like about 17 doing fitness tests in Cathal Brugha today (from the faces it looks like 7 Inf Bn And possibly 2 BCS

Apparently from the applications you can see the units who put in a lot of effort

Comment

• A sad reflection of the current state of the RDF was a photo on Twitter from the RDFRA ADC. About 30 attendees. There was a time when there would be hundreds.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                              A sad reflection of the current state of the RDF was a photo on Twitter from the RDFRA ADC. About 30 attendees. There was a time when there would be hundreds.
                              Now in fairness, those pics only show about 4/5th of that room

Are sub-unit Committees still represented or is it unit committees (which would mean much less delegates).

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Now in fairness, those pics only show about 4/5th of that room

Are sub-unit Committees still represented or is it unit committees (which would mean much less delegates).
                                I was thinking same thing. Is there a time of year when the those committees are voted in?

Comment

Working...
                                X