Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    So are they being recognised?
    Yes, the certs were signed my the Deputy Director of AMC, so why would they not be recognised?
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

• Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
      Yes, the certs were signed my the Deputy Director of AMC, so why would they not be recognised?
      Have they done any since the CMU / SFC ?

The guys at my loc hadn't done the course but when I heard at an RDFRA meeting that the CMU was going to get lads trained up..... (Maybe I put 2 and 2 together).

Bit madding considering RDF personnel were doing them over 5 years ago in Bricins
      Last edited by DeV; 9 January 2017, 15:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        I've been trying to fix it for ages. I'm willing to keep on trying new things, I am fed up to my back teeth with people moaning and doing fk-all. The existing organization is dangerously close to extinction after 4 years of essentially zero recruitment and zero employment save for a short period of ceremonial last year.
        Without employment/(deployment?) of the RDF its very easy for detractors to assert the RDF represents very little VFM as there are no discrete outputs which can be measured save for cermonials which are unfair as the RDf is not a pageantry society.

Comment

The DF rates a PDF member who has done this course (which includes qualifying as an EMT) more than a HSE AP
          Thats not true. I have never heard anyone in the DF state this, please stick to the facts.

DF personnel on completing this course, also go on to complete the Paramedic and Advanced Paramedic courses.
          I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
            That's frightening. Did they not have a recruitment campaign? I remember seeing potential recruits complete (and pass) fitness tests in Sarsfield barracks last year.
            Last Intake of NSR recruits was Q3/4 2015. All those that applied on the subsequent recruitment campaign are still waiting for (As far as we are being told) Garda/Security clearance approx. 15 months later.
            Obviously this has eliminated A large portion of the applicants as they have moved on with their lives.

Fact of the matter is that the current process of intake (without getting into finger point / mud slinging) is 100% not fit for the purpose of building or even sustaining the Reserve.
            The System needs to be overhauled from scratch.

If it works in theory and not in practice either:
            1. you have not implemented it as per the theory.
            2. The assumptions made in developing the theory are wrong.

IMO the later is the case.
            Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
            Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• I would note that the PDF induction process is working as it should, and most of it is the same. Before you react, note I am absolutely appalled at the brutal state of what has happened ; numbers reaching me from the outer ends of the force are shocking . NSR has gotten a real shitty end of the stick.

A truly legitimate complaint this one ; you can argue that a lack of Cpls are gigantic issues for the Reserve ( it is ) and a lack of promotion for Jnr officers ( much less of an issue as no job change in most cases ) but we've essentially lost/losing 4 years 2013-now of people growth
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
                Thats not true. I have never heard anyone in the DF state this, please stick to the facts.

DF personnel on completing this course, also go on to complete the Paramedic and Advanced Paramedic courses.
                Primary research (by someone else) indicates that an RDF other ranks member of the CMU isn't qualified to undertake most roles as they have haven't completed the Diploma in UCC (now UCD). I'll PM you

Originally posted by AC182 View Post
                Last Intake of NSR recruits was Q3/4 2015. All those that applied on the subsequent recruitment campaign are still waiting for (As far as we are being told) Garda/Security clearance approx. 15 months later.
                Obviously this has eliminated A large portion of the applicants as they have moved on with their lives.

Fact of the matter is that the current process of intake (without getting into finger point / mud slinging) is 100% not fit for the purpose of building or even sustaining the Reserve.
                The System needs to be overhauled from scratch.

If it works in theory and not in practice either:
                1. you have not implemented it as per the theory.
                2. The assumptions made in developing the theory are wrong.

IMO the later is the case.
                Didn't help of course that no matter which unit (Dublin, Waterford, Cork or Limerick) you have to do your medical in Haulbowline

Comment

• I know both of you personally and Liachta would be *very* well qualified to make the statements that have been written. Just to save time lol

Comment

• Didn't help of course that no matter which unit (Dublin, Waterford, Cork or Limerick) you have to do your medical in Haulbowline
                    Worse when your blood then had to make the trip straight back up again in a little test tube (you couldn't make this stuff up )

Comment

• I applied for the NSR last year and embarrassingly failed the fitness test as my fitness had deteriorated so much. I reapplied this year and am in line for the fitness tests again. I must say that I'm shocked that the lads who applied for the NSR last year didn't get in. The lads I talked to were fit and seemed very motivated. It's actually an awful shame.

If it's going to be more of the same with the NSR this year - am I better of applying for the Army Reserve instead? I'm 30 now and really don't have 18 months to wait for Garda clearance. The last time I was in the reserves (ended by a brief PDF interlude), my clearance went through in weeks.

Off topic, I've noticed an Army Reserve officer in my area wearing the peaked cap as worn by the PDF in local and social media lately. I always thought it was the glengarry and nothing else? Rules for dress have changed?

Comment

• Its back to the Glengarry as of a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          Its back to the Glengarry as of a couple of weeks ago.
                          I'm sure this was covered in detail elsewhere on the site but was the logic in moving from and to the Glengarry? 1916 commemoration related?

How's the recruitment pipeline for the AR at the moment? Was there an intake for 2016?

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                            If it's going to be more of the same with the NSR this year - am I better of applying for the Army Reserve instead?
                            where abouts in the country are you?
                            It may make more sense and you could always apply for a transfer

Off topic, I've noticed an Army Reserve officer in my area wearing the peaked cap as worn by the PDF in local and social media lately. I always thought it was the glengarry and nothing else? Rules for dress have changed?
                            Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Its back to the Glengarry as of a couple of weeks ago.
                            The New Series Dress Regulations Admin Instruction has never had (AFAIK) different headgear for RDF officers - I did check a few months ago but I can't remember it may have changed to differentiate.

Peakers haven't and AFAIK have never been on L3 for RDF officers.

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                            How's the recruitment pipeline for the AR at the moment? Was there an intake for 2016?
                            It is now back to continuous recruitment again (ie no closing date)
                            Last edited by DeV; 11 January 2017, 02:09.

Comment

• I'm in the Ennis/Limerick general area so I've got the NSR and two infantry companies to chose from. I've definitely more interest in the NSR but the AR may be more in line with the time commitments I can give (not much more than the two weeks FTT a year as well as weekends and evenings). I've a few contacts in the infantry side of things so I'm considering shopping around to see which is the best direction to go.

I'm 100% on the peaker being worn by an RDF officer. It looked like a local 1916 commemoration or such. I'm not going to post a photo due to probable small size of the RDF officer community above Captain. Maybe the officer was trying "sex up" his uniform a bit knowing that most at the event wouldn't notice the uniform embellishment and the rest would be subordinates so wouldn't raise as an issue anyway.

Comment

It is now back to continuous recruitment again (ie no closing date)
                                It was for a while but now it is closed again as far as I know.
                                Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Working...
                                X