The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
    Ah but then it wouldn't be fair that the general civil service, guards, DF, etc aren't getting cash per vaccination. Not privatecompanies. Industrial relations disaster. in the making
    I thought Dev meant a bonus that it upset the anti-Vaxers!

The hospital my wife works in, if you get the flu and you can show you had the vaccine, it doesn’t count as sick time. However, if you catch flu and you didn’t have a vaccine, it goes on your sickness record, and triggers sickness stages, interviews, etc.

It’s an incentive...
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post

The hospital my wife works in, if you get the flu and you can show you had the vaccine, it doesn’t count as sick time. However, if you catch flu and you didn’t have a vaccine, it goes on your sickness record, and triggers sickness stages, interviews, etc.

It’s an incentive...
      I actually meant a financial bonus but like the idea of disincentives to illness for the non vaccinated.

Comment

It’s an incentive...
        Surely your medical history is confidential?? Even a company provided medical would be confidential between the employee and the doctor. How does that work, out of curiosity?
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
          Surely your medical history is confidential?? Even a company provided medical would be confidential between the employee and the doctor. How does that work, out of curiosity?
          It’s confidential, it’s up to an employee what they wish to share. But a company is entitled to have a managing sickness policy, and if an employee does not share information, I presume the company is entitled to follow that policy, once the employee is aware of the policy.

Comment

• Back to parade nights from tomorrow and or FTT but no field days or overnight camps for RDF yet!

Comment

• #RDFRA will be meeting with @simoncoveney & @MccrumJacqui on 30 Sept to discuss a range of @dfreserve matters. The Association is looking forward to a productive meeting that is beneficial to all stakeholders ???????? @DF_COS @DF_ACOS @RACO_DF @pdforra @_IDFOC

Comment

• Agenda ? Pay Restoration ? Grat restoration ? Restoration of medicals ? Get the time taken from enlistment to 3* down to < 1 year Or is it backslapping re EUROMIL
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Agenda ? Pay Restoration ? Grat restoration ? Restoration of medicals ? Get the time taken from enlistment to 3* down to < 1 year Or is it backslapping re EUROMIL
                  You beat me to it. I'll be disappointed if I see any mention of EUROMIL on RDFRA's social media correspondence after the meeting.

Grat and medicals would be the number one for me. Personally I think the Grat would be huge for personnel retention and engagement.

Comment

You beat me to it. I'll be disappointed if I see any mention of EUROMIL on RDFRA's social media correspondence after the meeting.

Grat and medicals would be the number one for me. Personally I think the Grat would be huge for personnel retention and engagement.
                    There is nothing like cold hard cash to make people feel appreciated.

Comment

There is nothing like cold hard cash to make people feel appreciated.
                      Sadly yes.

Comment

Personally I think the Grat would be huge for personnel retention and engagement.
                        Grat would be nice. Travelling through 3 counties now to make parade is hitting the wallet these days!
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• The new sec gen has a long history of bean counting, best of luck getting anything out of this department...
                          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                            The new sec gen has a long history of bean counting, best of luck getting anything out of this department...
                            Holy sh1t - you still alive?? Ain't seen you post in a LONNNNGGG time
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              Holy sh1t - you still alive??Ain't seen you post in a LONNNNGGG time
                              Band’s getting back together.

This was posted recently, a reply by Simon Coveney. Addresses ideas of Reserve Re-Enlistment (I can dream) and Reservists serving overseas (you can dream)
                              https://www.facebook.com/10816536405...1544868053195/
                              Last edited by Slacker; 24 September 2020, 00:27.
                              If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

• I don't see the reply,I just see them talking about Kildare. What date is the reply?
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X