The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
    Makes sense but I'm just hoping that there is some notice. One or two weeks notice and I'm goosed when it comes to getting time off with my job.
    Originally posted by DeV View Post
    They should be able to give you min 2 months
    At least 2 months - and probably more
    To be fair, the full block of dates is set well in advance of the intake, so theoretically, you could know the dates on Day 1 of your induction
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      At least 2 months - and probably more
      To be fair, the full block of dates is set well in advance of the intake, so theoretically, you could know the dates on Day 1 of your induction
      Thanks for that. Is it induction and then wait for recruit training or do you get kit issue and can attend before that?

Comment

• No. Likely you will be attested and begin training more or less at the same time. You cannot get kit without being attested

The dates are the dates, except for when they change the dates, which is always fun.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
          Thanks for that. Is it induction and then wait for recruit training or do you get kit issue and can attend before that?
          You might also be training for a few weeks to a couple of months before getting issued kit too. Which, to be fair, kind of makes sense given that there will usually be a few people who leave within the first few weeks (and would be more than happy to take the uniforms with them).

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodview View Post
            You might also be training for a few weeks to a couple of months before getting issued kit too. Which, to be fair, kind of makes sense given that there will usually be a few people who leave within the first few weeks (and would be more than happy to take the uniforms with them).
            we give all potential recruits one set of combats and if they are lucky some used boots after their second visit to us - just so they can get into military kit and get involved better.

if they don't come back it is no great loss, but if it encourages them to stay then it was well worthwhile.
            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• 12 Inf Bn RDF & LUNSR have been called out for ATCA for the floods

Comment

• by the minister or was it a unit request?
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Does it matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    12 Inf Bn RDF & LUNSR have been called out for ATCA for the floods
                    I note its on the DF Facebook page; Wayne F Must of infiltrated!
                    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                    Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Im glad they are being used. It means the bn cmdr trusts them

Comment

• Good luck to them, anyway. A dirty dangerous job.
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Also 1 Inf Bn RDF (1 Tpt Coy RDF tomorrow)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            Does it matter?
                            Yup.

Ministerial order means they should get paid.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Does anyone know if the attestation oaths have been merged into a single one for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                                Does anyone know if the attestation oaths have been merged into a single one for all.
                                I'm open to correction on this, but i believe they are still distinct. The personal restrictions on RDF are different to PDF, mainly due to the fact PDF are subject to military law 100% of the time, whereas RDF are only subject to military law "when & if"
                                Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
                                Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

Working...
                                X