No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is excellent (finally) to see and well done to them!!!

I was part of an ATCA op (solely tasked to FCA (at the time)) around 2004 - probably as a result of the weekend that was in it and we were going to the area anyway.

Comment

• What has the COS got to do with any of this?

Comment

• He is the one encouraging and supporting the utilisation of the RDF, in addition the PDF.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• So is it not down to Unit Comdrs?

Comment

• I think it is a combination of a number of factors. Yes, the current COS is favourably disposed towards to RDF (as was his predecessor) however the fact that a lot more unit commanders have exposure to RDF and have got used to using them is a factor. The GOCs must also be on board (remember the COS does not have operational command over the GOCs).

Comment

• The DF saves €100 for every OR that doesn't have to come in on a Sunday if a RDF person comes in so it's a no brainer really. Fair play to the lads and lassies coming in on their day off to fill sandbags. Some of the Galway bods who were in that video live a good distance from Renmore so they'd already made a savage trek to get to the barracks in fairly hairy conditions.
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• GOC 2nd BDE is very much supportive of the reserve, plenty of D/Corps have made sure to show him the contributions.

When you show him a LTAV on the other side of the country driving down the road and he is standing in a cushy container, it somewhat breaks the old thing of the baggers being just there for drinking and fighting. SwiftandSure probably wondered if he was in the same defence forces the first few nights he was at my location.

RDF is being given a fair whack of the stick, just dont let the Facebook Group Deter you.
                Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                  SwiftandSure probably wondered if he was in the same defence forces the first few nights he was at my location.
                  I felt like a caveman that just discovered fire.

Comment

• #I felt like a caveman that just discovered fire.
                    Well done on making the move, it takes a lot to change unit. Once a scaley eh
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                      Well done on making the move, it takes a lot to change unit. Once a scaley eh
                      AHHHH, you've gone to the dark side of the force, Swifty - best of luck with it mate
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Thanks lads.

Yeah, I got to a stage where it was either transfer or leave the RDF altogether.

There will be a future for the Reserve, but not for the infantry.

If you're fortunate enough to have leadership and management that cares about the troops and is capable of keeping them engaged while directing their collective training towards viable operational outputs within the actual resource envelope - Great! But that wasn't my experience.

At first my transfer was reluctant, but now it's looking like the best move I could have made and I wish I'd done it sooner. I'm engaged, I'm part of dedicated team of professionals and for the first time since I joined the RDF, I feel appreciated. So yeah, 2016 is hopefully going to be a good year for me as a Reservist.
                        Last edited by SwiftandSure; 4 January 2016, 23:10.

Comment

• I'd note to anyone in the same boat that options are available always to transfer , even from green to navy blue

Comment

• We don't all get to hob knob with ministers, well done LUNSR great effort, getting fed up of looking at you on the news!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                              GOC 2nd BDE is very much supportive of the reserve, plenty of D/Corps have made sure to show him the contributions.

When you show him a LTAV on the other side of the country driving down the road and he is standing in a cushy container, it somewhat breaks the old thing of the baggers being just there for drinking and fighting. SwiftandSure probably wondered if he was in the same defence forces the first few nights he was at my location.

RDF is being given a fair whack of the stick, just dont let the Facebook Group Deter you.
                              You dont happen to require database developer infanteers do you? :D
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Wait out

Comment

Working...
                                X