No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which unit did you apply for, you should try to contact them but as already said check your spam junk email folder.

Comment

• Originally posted by dshane View Post
      Any idea when applicant's should apply? Applied there during the Reserve competition in April and haven't heard a peep sadly.
      Which unit did you apply for, some have been quicker off the mark than others.

Comment

• We were in today and discussing this. As soon as we get the details from higher we are reaching out
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Got it sorted lads, thanks very much for all the help!

Comment

• Down a two star then , she got elected MEP

Comment

• I wonder if the whole joining the RDF thing was publicity stunt.She must have known well in advance that she was going to look to go down the MEP route and that if she got it her time in uniform would be short lived.
              Curious.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Maybe..... it happens the odd time and she had no guarantee of making it

Comment

• For the time and effort involved, she would have got more votes by going to her local bingo hall every week instead

Comment

• Ganley tried the same stunt.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                      Ganley tried the same stunt.
                      He was in for quite a while though was he not?

Comment

• As I said she had no guarantee of making it. However I have yet to see a headline "Reservist and proud member of Defence Forces elected as Member of European Parliament" . RTE and several other news organizations had her queued up for interviews with her at the RDF 90th anniversary in Collins a few weeks back, so they know exactly who and what she is.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          As I said she had no guarantee of making it. However I have yet to see a headline "Reservist and proud member of Defence Forces elected as Member of European Parliament" . RTE and several other news organizations had her queued up for interviews with her at the RDF 90th anniversary in Collins a few weeks back, so they know exactly who and what she is.
                          I wasn’t there and don’t know the woman but the media were only interested in people with interesting other stories afaik.

Not sure if it was RDF, DF, DoD, FG who selected her for interview but does it matter?

Diversity is good in an organisation and this was an excellent recruiting tool (as a former Rose of Tralee who represented Ireland in Irish communities worldwide, a female and a member of the LBGT community) she appeals to a wide demographic.

As far as I saw she didn’t mention work or potential work at all - and rightly so on the potential work side

Fair play to her

Comment

• Yes of course. We are all interesting and diverse people ! . However my point is that none of the media who know damn well she is a reservist but are not reporting her as such

Comment

• Anyone know what the recruitment numbers for the AR are like?

Comment

• Not AR but related to recruitment

RDFRA reports he applied in the 1-28 April 2019 window and was sworn in today

Time from closing date to attestation (fitness test, interview, medical and security clearance) - 44 days

Comment

Working...
                                X