Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The real Jack View Post
    So audiograms eh?
    as Manuel would say "Qué?"

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    as Manuel would say "Qué?"
    No ranges for anyone due to lack of audiograms, hence no courses until the situation is un****ed.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

3. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who didnt see that coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    No ranges for anyone due to lack of audiograms, hence no courses until the situation is un****ed.
    Good job my medical is good until April and I fired last week....
    Well the rifle anyway
    When did that particular rabbit get pulled out of the hat??? 😨
    Ref audiograms, if you were graded H1, you are not liable again for 3 years
    So the medic told me anyway...
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 28th January 2016 at 00:08.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clear something for people who have left the navy along time and whose service was also very short.

any sailor currently serving with a beard has one because they are medically excused shaving by the medical officer.

it is an extremely rare thing for a ships commanding officer to grant none shaving to grow a beard but from time to time movember etc is permitted to raise charitable funds etc.

draw what ever you want from the current amount of medically excused people and the trend at this point in time.

and leave out the sh1t about the women as well, there were none during your 3 years of service and most current women have more sea time on the launch than you had in the navy.

your comment is not appropriate or appricated.
    Ouch.
    There must be some sort of dermatological epidemic so. Movember facial hair should be gone by December 1st. It is now January, almost February, yet judging by the photos from the Civic Reception in Cork earlier this week, the majority of the NS now sport well trimmed, well groomed, even manscaped facial hair. And none of these are Peacock crew.
    Play the ball, not the man.

7. Likes hptmurphy, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you expand on this?

I know of two AR elements of two units that are going to the ranges at the weekend, along with PDF pers. I also heard of an AR element of another unit going to the range at the weekend. For one of the AR elements I can safely say that the ration indent is gone in and transport organised.
    Last edited by The Prisoner; 28th January 2016 at 11:04.
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
    Who is number 1?

Post Thanks / Like
    So has someone brought up the fact that the medical sign off by a civvi doctor does not involve the performance of an audiogram and therefore said you cannot go to the range?

Anyway whoever said that to you is incorrect. Firstly as stated by other posters the frequency of your audiogram is dependent on your hearing grade with H1s only requiring an audiogram every 2 years (or so). Secondly if you have not done an audiogram you have the automatic grading of H4 which allows you to fire your ARPs using double hearing protection (Remember the statement that RDF had to wear double hearing protection on the range, that all stemmed from the INTERIM instruction issued when the mandatory hearing checks came in and covered reservists until they were appropriately medically graded).

Sounds like some former cadre is being a bollix again (they haven't gone away you know).

10. Thanks apod thanked for this post
    Likes apod, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weekend ARP was cancelled last weekend at last minute for reason of Audiogram as mentioned by TRJ.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said the pricks have not gone away you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our whole training year is ****ed over it, toets will have to be redone and It'll be great craic booking ranges when the situation is un****ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I've heard, Kilworth is booked solid til end of Q2 at least.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    From what I've heard, Kilworth is booked solid til end of Q2 at least.
    Typically when it's said to be booked half of the ****ing time units don't turn up and stop units from using it who would have turned up. We booked our dates back in november ffs.

Post Thanks / Like
    My last audiogram was in early 2014, I was told it was valid for 2 years (as I was H1)

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you hate it when minor functionaries make up rules to avoid having to work?

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well to whomever thought they'd prick the RDF around with that little gem about audiograms after the GP Medical Farce, I have this to say to you - "There's no 'I' in Team, but there's clearly a 'U' in C**t".

Last edited by SwiftandSure; 28th January 2016 at 14:48.

19. Thanks Cryos thanked for this post
    Likes Cryos, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think its a case of someone quite senior, smugly coming up with the silver bullet local GP medical solution - but in the euphora of realising their eureka moment - orgetting the audiograms

Next I guess someone lower in the foodchain was beginning to go about filling out the risk assessment etc to get their unit on the range and then copping on to the fact that the lads wont have done audiograms - then calling it, rightly so regardless of how put out we all feel, due to the obvious H&S issues and the historical claims farce over hearing damage

a minor tsunami now goes rolling up through the ranks, leaving devastation in its wake from this revelation, and the red lights came on in typical senior staff knee jerk fashion - all the while these same screaming seniors have been ignoring or missing that the regulations do allow anyone with H1 hearing within 2 years of the date of the APWT on the range being able to fire and everyone else defaulting to H4 and being able to fire with double hearing protection.

Fair play to whoever copped it all the same, from what Ive seen it permeated through enough ranks in all corps before that persons eagle eyed attention to detail spotted it.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

21. Likes Duffman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way medical fitness by way of AF14C can't be noted on PMS either

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    It still shows an appalling lack of attention to and knowledge of regs. First, the neglect of audiograms, then ignorance of existing regulations regarding those who have not had one timeously.

24. Thanks Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ODIN View Post
    Weekend ARP was cancelled last weekend at last minute for reason of Audiogram as mentioned by TRJ.
    That sounds like someone kicking to touch until they can confirm the regs. Should be easy enough for the Ord Room staff to confirm from LA30/PMS who is medically covered, hearing wise, I'd have thought?

Thought H4 meant no firing weapons?
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 28th January 2016 at 22:26.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    There are restrictions for H3 and H4

H3 wouldn't really restrict an RDF people apart from Arty and Cav (in the main)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clear something for people who have left the navy along time and whose service was also very short.

any sailor currently serving with a beard has one because they are medically excused shaving by the medical officer.

it is an extremely rare thing for a ships commanding officer to grant none shaving to grow a beard but from time to time movember etc is permitted to raise charitable funds etc.

draw what ever you want from the current amount of medically excused people and the trend at this point in time.

and leave out the sh1t about the women as well, there were none during your 3 years of service and most current women have more sea time on the launch than you had in the navy.

your comment is not appropriate or appricated.
    Its factual, up to the time of the peacocks, there was one individual in the NS who was allowed a beard.

I know who raised the growing of beards and why.

The rest was intended to be humourous.

So glad not to be a member of the Naval Service seeing as the PC brigade have taken over and humour , however black has left the service.

As for my service, get back to the back of the queue, many have had a go before you, no doubt many will in the future. My service is just that,mine, none of your fcking business.

By the time I had finished with the AR in 2009 I had a total of 21 years served between the NS and the AR....despite the best efforts to offload me .
    Last edited by hptmurphy; 28th January 2016 at 22:59.
    Time for another break I think......

28. Likes na grohmiti, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again death by stealth, make it impossible for people to meet the basic criteria and then shut them down as a result.
    Time for another break I think......

30. Likes DeV, The real Jack liked this post
    BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Long past time for serious, simple questions. First to the army, do you want a reserve and what should it be for and capable of? Then to the department: do you agree and can it be legislated for? Because right now nobody seems to have the interest to fix it or the gumption to scrap it.
    Last edited by expat01; 29th January 2016 at 06:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    TBH I think that DFHQ wants a Reserve but they don't understand the implications of their decisions.

It is a Single Force Concept, which makes sense but often doesn't.

Eg how is the AF14C in line with the SFC? It is anything but!
    However, it does address a serious issue for both the RDF and the Central Medical Unit.
    However, it can't work due to the way it has been implemented

Post Thanks / Like
    I fact it is even more FUBAR than that:

The GP medical (AF14C) was brought in to replace the self certification that you have no medical issues before full time training (AF14B).

However, the Central Medical Unit then cancelled all the RDF medicals (as they having major issues completing them. But every reservist was supposed to do one as part of the unenforced KPIs, they needed one to do the fitness test, they needed one if they wanted to do a course, extend service for some etc.

Thrn the IT system can't record it and some refuse to recognise it

Thread Information