The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently,

if you didnt get the form back, the door is now closed for making choices and you are initially going on the non effective list - unless you contact them and request to be put on the "general" list.

ive also heard that 30% of issued forms were not returned at all.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      Apparently,

if you didnt get the form back, the door is now closed for making choices and you are initially going on the non effective list - unless you contact them and request to be put on the "general" list.

ive also heard that 30% of issued forms were not returned at all.
      Yep, we were told discharge - but non effs are being discharged on 1/1/2014, from what I heard, so the net effect is the same
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Eh at the end of this year, the non-effective list is gone.

If you don't complete enough training, from the training year 2013 on, to be retained on the effective strength (and you aren't on a leave of absence) you'll be discharged !

Comment

• Hi Infy,
          I've paraded regularly, read the various drafts of the Admino and generally kept up to date with events since last October (and got my application in on time) - just illustrating the fact that if someone was out of the loop for even 2 or 3 weeks they could very easily have missed the submission date. This re-org has been woeful - the information coming down is minimal and the change management seems to be non existant. In any other large organisation the change would be controlled to ensure all relevant personnel get through the process correctly - the onus should certainly not be on the individual, as is the case with this shambles. As for information, the briefings we got barely explained more than the minimal amount contained in the information pack and generally covered how to apply for appointments. Any more in-depth questions were met with an "I don't know". Not the fault of the briefers either.

Case in point is the stand-down for units in Sarsfield - we were told it was to be the 24th of March in Cork, then we found out it was going ahead on the 10th in Limerick. This was communicated to us on the Wednesday before, by which time the majority of people had other plans. It was a dismal parade by all accounts - low numbers and rehersals all morning in the rain and bitter cold because there was no other option.
          Last edited by concussion; 26 March 2013, 19:10.
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Well did anybody get anything in the post yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
              Well did anybody get anything in the post yet?
              Nope
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
                Well did anybody get anything in the post yet?
                I did .................................................. ......................... bloomin' bills, if you're feeling left out I can forward them to you

Comment

• Letters arrived today
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Well I got nothing and I talked to a couple of others who say they got nothing either.

Our Officer was only able to say no parades, other than Easter, untill you are notified otherwise.

So I guess it's just sit tight and wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                      Letters arrived today
                      Letter of reassignment to home address ? Nothing at this call sign today, so earliest I'll see a letter now is next Tuesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                        Letter of reassignment to home address ? Nothing at this call sign today, so earliest I'll see a letter now is next Tuesday
                        Yep, the Clonmel exiles they've landed the RDF related jobs with must be super efficient!
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• I got my letter today, i've been reassigned to a unit i didn't even apply for.

Comment

• Originally posted by smegers View Post
                            I got my letter today, i've been reassigned to a unit i didn't even apply for.
                            I'm sure you'll love Galway.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Nothing my end either, balls

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                I'm sure you'll love Galway.
                                If only, my new unit is in Cork apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X