The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
    I suppose one could ask why particular gyms have decided to implement a policy completely different to what the DFPES has decided on...
    Eaxctly - they are Defence Forces facilities, after all...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Ill call it the way I see it.

I reckon that not one single RDF / NSR unit in this country has had more than 50% of its troops on parade every night.

and guess that the VAST majority of nights they have well under that number parading.

its time to cull the motherf*ckers who dont want to turn up or to play ball and for higher ups to pull heads out of arses and organise things. going non effective? f**k that. theres been too much "softly softly" for too long... handing troops barbie dolls and telling them how lovely they all are on the inside so that they will parade HAS to end.

If Pte/NCO/O x doesnt want to turn up and play ball... D I S C H A R G E THEM ALREADY.

RDF has made a hobby of self emplaced obstacles and restrictions of training based on hearsay and rumours that something is not allowed etc... this "policy" has to end.
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I suppose one could ask why particular gyms have decided to implement a policy completely different to what the DFPES has decided on...
        Because they can. Same reason a dog licks its bolli*.

Can't have the unloved and unwanted contaminating the taxpayers' facilities.
        I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
        Who is number 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          Ill call it the way I see it.

I reckon that not one single RDF / NSR unit in this country has had more than 50% of its troops on parade every night.

and guess that the VAST majority of nights they have well under that number parading.

its time to cull the motherf*ckers who dont want to turn up or to play ball and for higher ups to pull heads out of arses and organise things. going non effective? f**k that. theres been too much "softly softly" for too long... handing troops barbie dolls and telling them how lovely they all are on the inside so that they will parade HAS to end.

If Pte/NCO/O x doesnt want to turn up and play ball... D I S C H A R G E THEM ALREADY..................
          I agree 100% with this much of you're post

Comment

• Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
            I agree 100% with this much of you're post
            fair enough, but i still think that sometimes we dont shove the regulations back at people who tell us we cannot do x y or z and im sure its not every unit but ive had first hand experience on one or two occasions where weve just been given a flat no as an answer to a request and i know that it was the fault of an RDF pers and not a PDF pers. Its not always our PDF buddies stopping us from doing stuff...
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              fair enough, but i still think that sometimes we dont shove the regulations back at people who tell us we cannot do x y or z and im sure its not every unit but ive had first hand experience on one or two occasions where weve just been given a flat no as an answer to a request and i know that it was the fault of an RDF pers and not a PDF pers. Its not always our PDF buddies stopping us from doing stuff...
              I'd agree with that too

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                Sometimes I think the greatest enemy of the RDF is the RDF itself. Sep to Apr is 8 months. RDF pers should be well able to get up to the required level in that period. It's not exactly difficult. With the exception of 'medical conditions' everyone should be made do it. And even 'medical conditions' should be few and far between. The word discharge would clear up a lot of problems - bit like self employed and sick. IMO the senior RDF officers should be demanding the full ITs and not some watered down version. If the RDF did nothing from last Sep to Apr other than ITs it would have been a great first step.

The PDF has to facilitate the ITs by making the resources available for medicals, instruction, testing, etc. And instruction is important. There's no point in pers not doing the pushup or situp correctly and then failing. I've seen it happen.

I don't give a toss whether I can use a PDF gym or not. I raised the issue to demonstrate the usual nonsense is still ongoing despite the all the SFC bull.
                Excellent post!

The problem being in that the VFM was published in December (?) and 1 brigade had suspended RDF training.

Then you ask why it took 2/3 months after the deadline to post people.

Then you ask why there is still no official word on the survey etc.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                Ill call it the way I see it.

If Pte/NCO/O x doesnt want to turn up and play ball... D I S C H A R G E THEM ALREADY.

RDF has made a hobby of self emplaced obstacles and restrictions of training based on hearsay and rumours that something is not allowed etc... this "policy" has to end.
                "Policy" is sometimes official policy from DFHQ!

Sometimes (even for the best people) life gets in the way and they can't attend, we should all understand that. I don't mean going to watch the football in the pub by the way!

But there are people who have applied for discharge who have been posted to units, the admin is in the toilet.

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                And if the regulations / instructions / orders say you can't do x,y or z ?

Comment

• Sometimes (even for the best people) life gets in the way and they can't attend, we should all understand that. I don't mean going to watch the football in the pub by the way!
                  Im obviously not talking about these people. common sense dictates however that they should apply for a leave of absence as required by the Admin O.

But there are people who have applied for discharge who have been posted to units, the admin is in the toilet.
                  This is one of the worst parts of the reorg

And if the regulations / instructions / orders say you can't do x,y or z ?
                  again, Im only talking about occasions when its not ref/instr/orders!

Comment

My memory is a bit ropey but didn't the above happen in the ADR when it still existed?

I could be wrong but could've sworn I saw Concussion speak about it before.
                    Not unheard of but very rare. Immediately after my No.1's cse * I was "volunteered" to instruct brand new PDF officers on the GPMG (aerial role). This was during the ADR shoot in Gormanston and was one of those times when we just happened to have all the bits and pieces to mount effective lessons immediately followed an actual shoot.

* a tale for another thread.
                    " I will not have my fwiends widiculed by the common soldiewy"

Comment

• Royal, Marine, Marines, Commando, Commandos, On, the, Front, Line, Green, Beret, Berets, Military, Royal Navy (Armed Force), Royal Marines (Armed Force), Chris, Terrill, The, 55, Year, Old

Brilliant
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Why did I post it in this section.

One word.

Commitment.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• My opinion on the future of the RDF is that it will be the same as the past.

People that have little or no hours put in this year still allowed to go on camp
                          Certain people who are in little cliques get the glory courses or easy jobs on camp
                          So much for the VFM, all I see is the same crap just a different day hardly much incentive for those of us who do want to make a go of things in the RDF. I from now on will be putting numero uno first and the RDF will be left on the back burner, seems to me you'd get on better dossing it out as putting in any bit of effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by cplmick View Post
                            My opinion on the future of the RDF is that it will be the same as the past.

People that have little or no hours put in this year still allowed to go on camp
                            Certain people who are in little cliques get the glory courses or easy jobs on camp
                            So much for the VFM, all I see is the same crap just a different day hardly much incentive for those of us who do want to make a go of things in the RDF. I from now on will be putting numero uno first and the RDF will be left on the back burner, seems to me you'd get on better dossing it out as putting in any bit of effort.
                            A lot of people couldn't attend because they didn't know where they were suppose to for a number of months

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              A lot of people couldn't attend because they didn't know where they were suppose to for a number of months
                              Dev, with all due respect this isn't a new phenomenon due to the re-org, the same faces have been doing this for many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by cplmick View Post
                                Dev, with all due respect this isn't a new phenomenon due to the re-org, the same faces have been doing this for many years.
                                Absolutely but now there are additional ones

Comment

Working...
                                X