The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    While I'm hearing many positive stories from the reorg it is quite probable that there are people not having a good time out there. So it could well be true MO
    I wait to see what happens to myself, i was unable to go on camp because of a family medical priority.. Chop could be coming my way.
    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
    Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• I can only speak for my own lot and we are on paper one of the smaller units we are not parading many But those we we are, are consistent and regular. Very strong examples of commitment are needed from the top to show they way forward as the appalling costs is as MO lays ou

PS : that won't play well on PDF 667s and 451s for the relevant PDF officers and SNCOs, I am very very consciious this is a 2 way street on our side.
      Last edited by trellheim; 24 September 2013, 16:14.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryos View Post
        I wait to see what happens to myself, i was unable to go on camp because of a family medical priority.. Chop could be coming my way.
        Get onto your RDF Officer and request a leave of absence and have it back dated to camp that you missed. It's what I was advised to do because of a transfer request to prevent being chopped
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
          Get onto your RDF Officer and request a leave of absence and have it back dated to camp that you missed. It's what I was advised to do because of a transfer request to prevent being chopped
          DFR A10 prevents you from being granted a transfer while on a LOA.

Just for your info in case that is the line you have been advised to go down

Comment

• Well, that's me screwed so...
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
              DFR A10 prevents you from being granted a transfer while on a LOA.

Just for your info in case that is the line you have been advised to go down
              Does it say DF or PDF?

Comment

• A lot of it depends on the attitude of the reservists and the PDF unit they're integrated into.

My new unit has been a blessing and the PDF bods from Ptes to Bn staff have had a fair attitude of meet the standard and we're happy to work with you.

On the other hand I met some complete shitbirds from another PDF unit who were viewed with disdain by their professional colleagues yet were the only people I've encountered post reorg to play the 'sandbag' card.

I'm not one to disparage the PDF and I've been around long enough to see professional units transform and shed away plonkers like this but it is indicative of the potentially hostile environment some reservists are going into often from a very lackadaisical rdf unit ethos that has left them with a much larger reach to the standard.

That could be spirit crushing.
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

• I was up at the orienteering on last Sunday. A nice blustery day around Kilbride.

The last time I was at the orienteering was some years ago.
                  The place was humming.
                  It took about 10 packed minibusses to take us to the course.

This year there was a hand ful in each group and not too many groups either.

Where have all the soldiers gone???

Well the reservists anyway.

Even the usual batter of tpt and CIS typs were no where to be seen.

One thing I'll say. The grub was good.
                  THen again the cook was one of ours!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                    I was up at the orienteering on last Sunday. A nice blustery day around Kilbride.

The place was humming.

Wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that it was a weekday, and Reservists have to work for a living ? Plonker.... :(
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      Wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that it was a weekday, and Reservists have to work for a living ? Plonker.... :(
                      Sunday isn't a weekday?

Comment

• chuckle... well spotted. Reservists have to work at the weekend too.

The nature of that particular competition apart from lunatic enthusiasts like me its difficult to get RDF people out to, like bathing a cat usually. New map too :( pity I wasn't eligible to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                          I was up at the orienteering on last Sunday. A nice blustery day around Kilbride.

The place was humming.

Bde/All Army competition ?

Comment

• Bde. All-RDF not on for a fortnight.

Comment

• Any idea where the all army is taking place?
                              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                                Any idea where the all army is taking place?
                                Didn't know there was one

Comment

Working...
                                X