No announcement yet.

FETAC Management Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said it is the case in the army already!

Comment

Is it the case for corporals?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Standards Cse has to have been completed.

Comment

Navy lads were only off a Pots course. One up for the Navy...

(keep it quiet though...)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            Navy lads were only off a Pots course. One up for the Navy...

(keep it quiet though...)
            its the uniform...

Comment

THIRTEEN non-commissioned Naval Service officers made history yesterday when they became the first members of the Defence Forces to be presented with degrees at the National Maritime College.

Comment

Just wondering what degree is awared for cadets? ie level 8 honours or what and in what?
                Cheers!

Comment

A cert for a Pots course? Jesus wept! My pots course was all about sweating with a GPMG.Nothing clever about that. If the DF is so smart, how come they still won't run an in house Technical NCOs course(like every other grown-up air force world wide) for aircraft technicians in the AC and insist that they waste their time doing the Standard Army course(unlike the NS). Parts of the DF are still in the Stone Age..........
                  regards
                  GttC

Comment

I don't think the Cadets is a degree, I thought that's why you went to UCG or whatever for your degree before/after commissioning.

Senior PDF C&S is recognised as some manner of postgrad I think.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I think you get awarded a degree in military studies but im open to correction on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RelaxTheBody View Post
                        I think you get awarded a degree in military studies but im open to correction on this one.
                        It was a cert, but all certs were upgraded by FETAC to ordinary degrees over the last couple of years.

The upgrade was not retrospective though.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Before the levels changed:

Standard NCOs got you a Certificate, it wasn't just the course you also had to have other courses completed (including Corps Std NCOs & PNCO cses) plus x number of tours overseas

Cadets on commissioning got a Diploma

C&S course can get I think it is an MA (from Maynooth), I think it is optional and they have to complete extra modules

Comment

Do the Gardai get similar certs/diplomas during training.
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                              Do the Gardai get similar certs/diplomas during training.
                              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                                It was a cert, but all certs were upgraded by FETAC to ordinary degrees over the last couple of years.

The upgrade was not retrospective though.
                                A cert is still a cert. Diplomas became Ordinary Degrees in 2006.
                                The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                                (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Working...
                                X