Thanks Thanks:  33
Likes Likes:  77
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1276
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poiuyt View Post
    I believe it is too late - the 2013 re-org made sure of that. Anyone who had any initiative or ability was tossed on the scrapheap and we all have seen the ability of many who are now in charge. Yes, there are still good people in charge but they are too few and lack critical mass. And the 2013 re-org taught them to keep their mouths shut.
    That was probably the point of the Re-org - to finish us off.

As for RDFRA, whatever about "Policy", they have gone out of their way to kill off fitness requirements and needed change. What they say and what they do are VERY different things.
    Don’t tell me you were 1 Bde?

Individuals might be the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Don’t tell me you were 1 Bde?

Individuals might be the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that
    Don't know what 1 Bde has to do with this? And, anyway, no I'm not.

And, did you mean to say..."Individuals might be, the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that"? - the comma is very important.

If that is the case, then you will know that the "individuals" are now the organisation. RDFRA used to be a relatively democratic representative organisation. It is no a completely undemocratic collection of fiefdoms. The RDFRA constitution means nothing to the majority of people in RDFRA and they are working in no ones interests except their own. Just loook at their website - hasn't been updated in years. When was the last time that an ADC/BDC was even advertised in advance? where are the motions/policies etc.

Secrecy is the refuge of the incompetent - have we not all learned that from the RDF over many years? If they have nothing to hid and are as democratic as they say, why not let members see what they are doing? What are they afraid of? The truth? Where is the money going? RDFRA receives a mountain of money every year from their members which is supplemented by the DF - where does it go? Justify what they are doing with that money!

And I am not talking the RDFRA of yesteryear - the one that struggled to achieve anything but at least was open and democratic - I'm talking about the current one. We need the idea of a proper representative association now more than ever. What we have got is incompetence, undemocratic, self serving and SCARED. What are they hiding that that they are so scared?
    Last edited by Poiuyt; 2nd August 2019 at 12:29.

3. Likes apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, did you mean to say..."Individuals might be, the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that"?

If that is the case, then you will know that the "individuals" are now the organisation. RDFRA used to be a relatively democratic representative organisation. It is no a completely undemocratic collection of fiefdoms. The RDFRA constitution means nothing to the majority of people in RDFRA and they are working in no ones interests except their own. Just loook at their website - hasn't been updated in years. When was the last time that an ADC/BDC was even advertised in advance? where are the motions/policies etc.

Secrecy is the refuge of the incompetent - have we not all learned that from the RDF over many years? If they have nothing to hid and are as democratic as they say, why not let members see what they are doing? What are they afraid of? The truth? Where is the money going? RDFRA receives a mountain of money every year from their members which is supplemented by the DF - where does it go? Justify what they are doing with that money!

And I am not talking the RDFRA of yesteryear - the one that struggled to achieve anything but at least was open and democratic - I'm talking about the current one. We need the idea of a proper representative association now more than ever. What we have got is incompetence, undemocratic, self serving and SCARED. What are they hiding that that they are so scared?
    I’m only an ordinary member. And I will say comms are poor and there is a lack of people on the ground (as there is a lack of RDF on the ground).

Just checked and there is actually a new website. And look the policies https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ff480...5ca2ffee42.pdf

If your a member and you want to see the accounts send an email your entitled to see them.

What did I mean by individuals I don’t know many of the individuals any more in the Organisation, I used to go to the ADCs probably about 10 years ago when I was a rep. You’d see/hear individual reps saying no to things like ITs being required. These people weren’t generally on the NEC or position holders in RDFRA.... they were generally units reps.

Bear in mind I’m talking 10 years ago so most of those people have probably left the RDF at this stage

5. Thanks Poiuyt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checked and there is actually a new website. And look the policies https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ff480...5ca2ffee42.pdf
    That website is brand new because it wasn't like that a short time ago.

But I will have to say I am impressed. I might actually have to shut my gob...

7. Likes DeV liked this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/64482377562...7697371336348/
    The last annual delegate conference was 4/5 weeks ago. Why has that not been updated? Should the accounts not be published yearly after been audited by an independent auditor? Maybe they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batterysgt View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/64482377562...7697371336348/
    The last annual delegate conference was 4/5 weeks ago. Why has that not been updated? Should the accounts not be published yearly after been audited by an independent auditor? Maybe they are.
    They are and they are normally presented at the ADC

Post Thanks / Like

And, did you mean to say..."Individuals might be, the Organisation isn’t going in to talks and saying that"? - the comma is very important.

Ref my comment about 1 Bde

1 Bde and the old 4 Bde were very different from the other 2 formations (not all negative) but in my experience the reorg process (as you hint it) and attitudes to fitness mainly came from those formations.

Not that is just the impression

I know everyone in my pre-reorg Unit has to do a 451/667 when applying for a position in 2012/13

Post Thanks / Like
    but in my experience the reorg process (as you hint it) and attitudes to fitness mainly came from those formations.
    I would correct it to say that the poor attitudes to fitness came fromk SOME in those formations, not everyone.

I know everyone in my pre-reorg Unit has to do a 451/667 when applying for a position in 2012/13
    Not from what I saw in some units in the re-org - I even saw a non-effective get a position in 1 unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would correct it to say that the poor attitudes to fitness came fromk SOME in those formations, not everyone.

Not from what I saw in some units in the re-org - I even saw a non-effective get a position in 1 unit.
    I’m talking in my experience and I didn’t say all

Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/64482377562...7220662717351/
    What is RDFRA doing for us, seems like the NSR can promote away and well done to them.

14. Likes DeV liked this post
    C/S
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.facebook.com/64482377562...7220662717351/
    What is RDFRA doing for us, seems like the NSR can promote away and well done to them.
    Why does a tiny NSR unit need two CPOs? Or does the unit being split between Dublin and Waterford create more appointments?

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantasia

Have a good look at the establishment of each Naval Reserve Unit and see how they have been decimated in the last ten years. I despair !

Dublin and Waterford are two separate units and you may be confusing this with the fact that there were two Companies in Dublin in An Slua Muiri .

Your question is nonetheless valid but both are long serving stalwarts and promotion is well earned .

2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Why does a tiny NSR unit need two CPOs? Or does the unit being split between Dublin and Waterford create more appointments?
    Why does a tiny Dept of Defence need four assistant secretaries on €145,000 each?

18. Likes na grohmiti, DeV, Bayern Fan, sofa, apod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Dublin and Waterford are separate units (same group (think Bn))

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    CS4 was not written by the RDF
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

21. Likes DeV, Truck Driver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw someone who had been RO’ed a number of years previously as having died being still on the unit’s effective strength (haven’t been taken off the coy’s strength return etc correctly)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dublin and Waterford are separate units (same group (think Bn))
    Correct. But more to do with Bde than Bn.
    Prior to the NSR being brought under shore Ops after the SFC, Cork and Limerick were under 1 Southern Bde and Dublin and Waterford were under 2 Eastern Bde. That structure has never changed even now under Shore Ops. Still 2 separate Groups.

As for Promotions, both are incredibly long overdue and well earned. Until the recent blast of promotions, the NSR had only 3 CPO vacancies filled out of 8. Now up to 5.
    Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
    Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

24. Likes Auldsod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC182 View Post
    Correct. But more to do with Bde than Bn.
    Prior to the NSR being brought under shore Ops after the SFC, Cork and Limerick were under 1 Southern Bde and Dublin and Waterford were under 2 Eastern Bde. That structure has never changed even now under Shore Ops. Still 2 separate Groups.

As for Promotions, both are incredibly long overdue and well earned. Until the recent blast of promotions, the NSR had only 3 CPO vacancies filled out of 8. Now up to 5.
    I meant that the Group HQ is similar in principal to Bn HQ with 2 Coys reporting to it. The Group HQ’s reporting to NS Shore Ops

26. Thanks AC182 thanked for this post
    Likes AC182 liked this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done to those who gave us valuable insight and instruction to recruit liaison role (AR) and what has worked in DFTC. This will surely increase the number of applicants getting through by a considerable percentage given we can now contact them during the recruitment process and them engaged. Great to such an interest from other BDEs

28. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done to those who gave us valuable insight and instruction to recruit liaison role (AR) and what has worked in DFTC. This will surely increase the number of applicants getting through by a considerable percentage given we can now contact them during the recruitment process and them engaged. Great to such an interest from other BDEs
    What was the attendance like?

Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not as Good as I thought I might be but parent units/Bn/BDE may have l limited numbers attending but all BDEs represented.

31. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It might be"

Post Thanks / Like
    https://twitter.com/gocaircorps/stat...652671489?s=21

2 AC Lt Col’s recommissioned today

Post Thanks / Like
    That is interesting

Commander in Chief
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also interesting is the fact there is no mechanism for SNCOs to re-enlist in a similar manner.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

36. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post

Thread Information