Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EL_CAPATIANO View Post
    just to confirm the std nco cse IS NOT CANCELLED. it is still going ahead.
    but wouldnt the successful students be help at their current rank considering there is a Promtion embargo on (so whats the point) plus units are hardly going to be sending Pots forward if its being taken from their Manday allotment and then havign to cancel Summer camps (which have been cut from 2 to 1 week)

looks like we be saying adios to the Grat me thinks
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

It's only cancelled if your offically told by your cadre staff. Don't listen to rumours I'm off now to train my NINE recruits in my platoon as the rest have been told they are not required.
      :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

I was reading a document today that seemed to suggest that it was only Officers who were not getting promoted. It stated that the current lads on the Pots Officers course will not be commissioned as planned in *insert month here*.

It also stated that there will not be promotions from 2/Lt. - Lt. and from Lt. - Capt.

It stated that 260 potential recruits who have completed everything but have not been signed on yet will not be taken on. and over 1000 pothential at various stages of Attestation will not be continuing any further in their attestation.

It states nothing of Promotions for Non-Commisioned ranks.

As I say, I read this with my own eyes. But I am still not completely sure what it means.

(Mods, if this is not OK to post please Edit out. thanks.)

I also heard, but didn't read myself, that there are going to be some Sub-units around the country packed in.

I am thinking it will be the small one's in places like Duagh and whereever. Generally back arse places. but that is Hearsay and speculation so take it with some salt please.
        Last edited by Dazzler; 8 April 2009, 21:37.
        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Corrections

Hey Dazzler,

That said document was not in the format you posted.
          It was a query from D Reserve to higher authority seeking clarification on the ranking groups you mentioned, to ascertain if they will suffer negatively (i.e. not get promoted or recruited) as a degree of last weeks public service announcements.

Likewise , with the sub-unit restructuring, its more than the 'back-arse areas' will suffer !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ltsmarty View Post
            Hey Dazzler,

That said document was not in the format you posted.
            It was a query from D Reserve to higher authority seeking clarification on the ranking groups you mentioned, to ascertain if they will suffer negatively (i.e. not get promoted or recruited) as a degree of last weeks public service announcements.

Likewise , with the sub-unit restructuring, its more than the 'back-arse areas' will suffer !!!
            Sorry if I am wrong then, I just gave a quick once over and was trying to work from Memory. But I am pretty sure I got the gist of it right, unless I didn't!!

Yes, I am aware it will be everyone suffering, but I speculate that the small unit's with training hut's that are rented will be done away with. (Pure speculation.)
            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Restructuring

Yes, count yourself blessed if you parade in an occupied post !

Comment

It's only cancelled if your offically told by your cadre staff. Don't listen to rumours I'm off now to train my NINE recruits in my platoon as the rest have been told they are not required.

Your cadre staff are not part of your chain of command and have no business in this matter and in general are famously ill-informed of the exact status of matters.

The only person who can refuse an attested recruit is Officer i/c Records and Data Management
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

So does anyone have a definite answer in relation to this "issue" with the current recruitment "fiasco" for want of a better word.
                  Or even a progress report on how it is being managed?

I am not prone to speculation and so forth, but I am hearing that geneflection might be a viable solution to it. Which is a testament to how bad it could get.

Comment

i fear like my own experience today that the definite answer is purely based on whom you ask , it seems to be all up in the air at the moment, a commandant asked me Sunday if i had read about an RDF embargo in the paper Friday ,, !!!!!!
                    "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Std. NCO and Pot. NCO course are going ahead. Students on both will be allowed to exceed the 7 days most others are looking at, ditto for instructors. No attestations beyond 27 March (we got one very lucky one attested on the 25th) and no promotions for anyone. To those one career courses who have been told there's no point doing them as you won't be promoted, bear in mind you will be eligible as soon as the embargo is lifted.
                      "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Rdf:

Currently : There is no ban on recruitment. (at least, no official directive to attesting officers

there is, however, a cap.
                        To re-iterate what Concussion has said : many times in the PDF people have done Standard Courses, and then awaited a vacancy in their unit.
                        Last edited by trellheim; 9 April 2009, 11:04.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• We were told that as of 27 March there was to no more recruitment. Can unit still recruit up to their establishment?
                          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Rdf:

Currently : There is no ban on recruitment. (at least, no official directive to attesting officers

there is, however, a cap.
                            To re-iterate what Concussion has said : many times in the PDF people have done Standard Courses, and then awaited a vacancy in their unit.
                            It is the same for many careers courses apart from recruit, 2*-3*, PNCO (usually) and Pot Offr.

I presume upgrading people is considered a promotion?

Comment

• We were told last night by our officers that as of Tuesday, all recruitment, overseas deployment, and integration is suspended indefinitely; with that news, our non-sworn-in recruits were sent home, as there was little point them being there. I know this news isn't exactly new to the boards here, but I just thought I'd pass on what's been said in the "real" world.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                                We were told last night by our officers that as of Tuesday, all recruitment, overseas deployment, and integration is suspended indefinitely; with that news, our non-sworn-in recruits were sent home, as there was little point them being there. I know this news isn't exactly new to the boards here, but I just thought I'd pass on what's been said in the "real" world.
                                I've got 9 non-sworn in recruits, but they've passed medicals, theres one or two have to repeat the hearing test. Does ths is mean theyre gonna be sent home?
                                If at first you don't succeed, then call in an airstrike.

Comment

Working...
                                X