Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with all of the above. I get frustrated that I can get the same performance rating for just doing the minimum as I would do if I gave every bit of spare time I have to the RDF. Each individual should have goals set for them and be measured against them.

To make career courses mandatory they will also have to up the frequency.

Comment

• This is the first year in at least 5 years that any AR career course has been run with a full course.

They are being run, the word isn’t getting thought the chain of command and people aren’t putting their names in. Some of them have been run with single figures with 30 places.

Comment

• More regular courses can only be good for moral. Very disheartening to hear the next promotion course is a number of years away I'd imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
          More regular courses can only be good for moral. Very disheartening to hear the next promotion course is a number of years away I'd imagine.
          PNCO almost annual
          Std NCOs mostly bi-annual
          SNCOs mostly bi-annual
          YOs as required
          Std Offrs there was a good few Lts who did them so should be a requirement in the coming years

The courses are being run, the intended audience may not hear about them (that has improved over the last 2/3 years), the audience aren’t applying

Comment

• Make them RDF joint courses more applicants and less chance of course being cancelled due to poor numbers or lack of instructors.

Comment

• Does anyone know on here if the recruitment campaign is going ahead in Oct??

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                Make them RDF joint courses more applicants and less chance of course being cancelled due to poor numbers or lack of instructors.
                The PDF courses are between about 7 weeks and 11 months (obviously full time). Some of the Corps YOs courses are possibly longer and involve a Masters

Comment

• There are very very few career courses I can think of joint PDF/RDF that could work... in fact I cant think of any.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    The PDF courses are between about 7 weeks and 11 months (obviously full time). Some of the Corps YOs courses are possibly longer and involve a Masters
                    Sorry Dev, I mean RDF (AR & NSR) joint NCO Courses. Most RDF could not commit to the timelines of PDF courses. Most cant commit to our own courses but still get promoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                      Sorry Dev, I mean RDF (AR & NSR) joint NCO Courses. Most RDF could not commit to the timelines of PDF courses. Most cant commit to our own courses but still get promoted.
                      Absolutely for this. Requires close co-ordination and timings. And that’s the major issue, the syllabus have to match up as well.

And I wouldn’t limit it to joint AR/NSR courses (I think it was supposed to trialled last year, not sure if it went ahead).

Joint AR Cses (eg Std NCOs and YOs) has been done for elements (not enough imho). It is more or less the same for some Corps AR cses.

Joint AR & PDF can be done (eg PDF & AR YOs) has been done for elements (not enough imho).

Really you would need days when everything is exactly the same on the programme and the syllabus needs to be the same. It is using scarce resources to the fullest, in some ways reduces the TRRs, means you can run with small numbers if necessary and should add to the realism on exercises (eg your coy on the ground with 2 plns suddenly becomes 3).

Comment

• The NCO courses are regular enough but the officer courses are not run frequently enough to make them mandatory. The last notification I saw for a YOs course was 2015 (don't know if it went ahead) and I think the last standard officer course was the one Trelheim was on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                          The NCO courses are regular enough but the officer courses are not run frequently enough to make them mandatory. The last notification I saw for a YOs course was 2015 (don't know if it went ahead) and I think the last standard officer course was the one Trelheim was on.
                          Last YOs was 2015 and that course was less than half full (as was the Std NCOs Cse that year). With the exception of a handful of DE officers, there have been no RDF officers commissioned since 2012.

There was a Std Offrs Cse was 2013 and I think there may have been one another one since.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            +1. Current promotion system in the RDF is a joke.
                            At the very least it would ensure that someone going for promotion has a base level of skills that they need to perform the duties that come with the rank they are hopeful of promoting into.
                            Yet a G3+ Sgt can be promoted to Coy Sgt without a SNCO Cse

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                              Yet a G3+ Sgt can be promoted to Coy Sgt without a SNCO Cse
                              G3. As in Bde Ops?
                              What's the "+"?

Anyway.If you look at the latest XYZ there is a glaring omission for the requirements for promotion to BSM and CS in an Infantry Battalion.The Infantry have (finally)been ringfenced by the inclusion of the Infantry specific courses but no mention of the Senior course.Bit of a no brainer you would think.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Tech grade 3 or higher?

Comment

Working...
                                X